What do you really miss from home??

Herbster

Well, apart from all the important things I miss jelly. They dont have block jelly here just the awful jelly crystals. I love "raw" jelly.

What no jelly !!!!

they have raw/block jelly in my local coles, you want me to send you some ? 262455974

When we ask the boys what they want for dinner our eldest will always says "Steak and Kidney Pudding" as we cant buy them here we make our own!! Otherwise that would be something that he missed!! lol

So other than missing friends and family not a lot really!!

Deb xx

Guest The Pom Queen
What no jelly !!!!

they have raw/block jelly in my local coles, you want me to send you some ? 262455974

Yes they have it in Safeways to

Guest The Pom Queen
When we ask the boys what they want for dinner our eldest will always says "Steak and Kidney Pudding" as we cant buy them here we make our own!! Otherwise that would be something that he missed!! lol

So other than missing friends and family not a lot really!!

Deb xx

Oh Deb you don't want to send me some of your homemade ones do you:jiggy: I just can't cook and I really miss them with mushy peas and gravy.

OK:

Treats From Home, your Premier British Shop in Australia

The British Lolly Shop

BRITISH SWEETS AND TREATS - Favourite English confectionery and groceries from home - UK USA and NZ British Groceries - British Grocery Store - New Zealand Sweets

osCommerce

I have yet to shop at the bottom two links but I can certainly vouch for the top two :-) Also Dan Murphy's is good for British alcohol brands too (I like my John Smiths and I've seen Babycham over here too)

The major supermarkets usually have a few odds 'n' sods too.

I've been living here for almost 10 years and I can honestly tell you there will always be things you miss, but really, that's a good thing. It helps to keep the memories of 'back home' fresh.

Thanks for the welcome :wubclub:

Guest Wenders
We miss Marmite and for those of you from Bristol.........mmmmmm Clarks Pies!!!!!

Still here in Bristol, to be honest, dont see many clarks pies any more.

When we were in OZ last xmas my O/H looooved the pies, he'd sneak off when shopping and come back with a bagfull........think thats where he got his belly from:err:.

I also bought one of thier pie making machines back with me...........so easy & quick!

Guest Ms Lucifer

Unsmoked bacon !! I found some ONCE but alas, never again :( and Aussie sausage is cack, unless your p@**ed and then you dont care.

Snug Butchery, Snug, Tasmania has smashing un-smoked bacon - if you like bacon that is & FAB meat of all types - but usually clearly identifiable - rather than what passes for meat in those factory-made pies (You really DON'T want to know!) :elvis:!! Bet you have to hunt out the traditional non-chain retailers, to find some of these good quality options... But I'm sure if you all asked... Just wonder when we move if I'll be able to find another so good, hope so... There's a little shop in Batery Point, Hobart that sells Bristows of Devon sweets & candies - all loose n the jars, like in the Olde Days, when you paid sixpence a 1/4!!! Whatever the pros & cons of living in OZ, there's little doubt that many of their sweets are ghastly AND over priced, so for a little treat, that store's worth hunting out...

OH misses Fairy Liquid - for hands that do dishes... & I miss OH complaining about Sarah Beeny!! :huh:

For all you pie lovers.............go to PIEFACE.....best pies, good meat, great service!!!!:notworthy::biglaugh:

Only in Sydney though!!!

You can get Fairy liquid from the link at the top of my post Herbster

I Wonder if OH will adapt or submit?? I DEFF DO miss my DENTIST even thu' we all hate dentists! Having spent thousands $$ last year on my gnashers, can't believe I'm in need now - don't s'pose you have a Gentle, Painless Dentist on that Link, Deb?? :) X

Archived