Best area to live in brisbane

Guest Ausidreamer

Guest Ausidreamer

Hi there

My husband and I are planning on moving to Brisbane and have a substantial amount to spend on a property. We are looking for great views,good restaurants, pref access to river and greenery.

We have been doing some property research but are finding it very difficult to ascertain which might be the better areas to live in. I find myself continually going back and looking at properties in and around Kenmore Hills. We do not need schooling as our children have now grown.

Very confused & hoping someone may be able to help.

Guest cazbeckham

Aussiedreamer

We too are looking at what is the best suburbs about an hour north of Brissie on Sunshine Coast.

Like you, we do not need schools or colleges, just good shopping facilities, countryside and if possible a bike ride to the beach would be great.

Caz

Guest Ausidreamer

Hi there

My husband and I are planning on moving to Brisbane and have a substantial amount to spend on a property. We are looking for great views,good restaurants, pref access to river and greenery.

We have been doing some property research but are finding it very difficult to ascertain which might be the better areas to live in. I find myself continually going back and looking at properties in and around Kenmore Hills. We do not need schooling as our children have now grown.

Very confused & hoping someone may be able to help.

Guest Ausidreamer

Hi Cazbeckham

Have you managed to gather which areas may be nicer than others to live? Prices appear to have gone up considerably in the last 3years when we were considering this move before.

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Aussiedreamer

No not really looked at any areas. Been to Australia twice (last time 2005-6) but didnt really look at areas as we were not able to even apply for out Cont. Parent Visa till Feb 07 - which we now have, so didn't want to start househunting that early.

I do keep being drawn towards Buderim, don't know why cos never been there.

Hopefully house is sold now and just waiting on surveys down the chain and then contracts to sign and exchange so hopefully middle of next month we could be off.

Then we will stay with our Daughter (Johatts) and start to drive around areas and look for somewhere nice to live.

It's Ok doing a search on the internet but not quite the same as being there talking to people is it?

Good luck with your searches

Caz

Guest Tracey from Braintree

Have a look at this link. There is a book called Where to live guide Greater Brisbane. It's really good. Gives good descriptions of every suburb and what is available there. It also gives median house prices but these are not going to be that accurate with prices changing all the time but at least gives an idea - you can tell a lot about an area by the property prices. The other link is for Our Brisbane, a very useful site for suburb info/real estate.

Where To Live Guides - The Cities

Suburbs | ourbrisbane.com

Guest cazbeckham

Hi Thanks for the links, will check later. I already have the Where to Live Guides but what I am interested in is the Sunshine Coast about an hour north of Brissie so if anyone has any good places let me know please

Caz

Archived