Car insurance in WA

Guest Propofol

Guest Propofol

Hi,

Coming out to work for a year in Perth in October, I want to buy a car and wondered how hard it was to get car insurance and will they count my UK no claims bonuses? Is insurance costly? I'll be getting a second-hand estate care for a few thousand bucks.

I'm a married 36 year-old doctor, no points/claims, driving for 17 years.

Thanks

Guest David1805

I have just been offered a job in Neonatal ITU..... by background is adult ITU (Nursing). My job is at the King Edward Memorial.... where are you going to be working?

David

The company I work for operate in WA, and yes you will get insurance no problem, we usually don't ask for proof, just your driving history.

Good luck

Hi,

Coming out to work for a year in Perth in October, I want to buy a car and wondered how hard it was to get car insurance and will they count my UK no claims bonuses? Is insurance costly? I'll be getting a second-hand estate care for a few thousand bucks.

I'm a married 36 year-old doctor, no points/claims, driving for 17 years.

Thanks

Hi

We are inh Perth Wait Awhile Oh a nurse at Charlies insurance no problem although some companies will only provide for permanent residents we are on a 457. You get third party with your road tax (rego) included but we got insurance which was very reasonable thro Swanns which is a dealer provided insurance it is very competitive no claims no problem . Second hand cars are a lot more pricier than the uk but obviousy dont have rock salt eatin them. We were lookin when we got here a 97 hyundai mirage with 150000k on the clock $6000 but with 3 year 180 000 k warranty:twitcy:

We traded up to a xtrail last week and the insurance quote for the xtrail was very good with swanns the guy in the dealership commented on it hope this helps one tip beware of WA drivers they are the worst on the planet ask aussies from other states they will verify the fact

Mally

Guest dave&donna

We're with Budget insurance (thought it sounded cheap!) for car and house insurance and we're paying loads less than uk I think it's about £270 for a 2005 kia sorento. They did ask for proof of no claims though. We're on a 457 and I think it was AA and another company say you have to be permanent residents.

I haven't seen any bad driving yet though although keep hearing those bloody hoons at night!!! must be better drivers sor!!!! :biglaugh:

Donna x

The reason Insurance companies ask if you are a permanent resident is because we get a lot of backpackers who obviously travel all over the different states, if you have a residential address we will insure you as we know where you will be, so really it makes no difference to the type of visa as we don't delve into that. a lot of people who have PR come over and then leave to return to the UK, so it's pretty much the same thing.

We're with Budget insurance (thought it sounded cheap!) for car and house insurance and we're paying loads less than uk I think it's about £270 for a 2005 kia sorento. They did ask for proof of no claims though. We're on a 457 and I think it was AA and another company say you have to be permanent residents.

I haven't seen any bad driving yet though although keep hearing those bloody hoons at night!!! must be better drivers sor!!!! :biglaugh:

Donna x

Yes they are Budget for a reason, see stuju post about her car accident if you want claims history. You pay for what you get I'm afraid and when you really need them you want prompt attention.

Archived