Bunbury

Guest susanmary38

Guest susanmary38

Hi guys n gals

In anticipation of us receiving visas in October, and moving to Bunbury early next year, could any body recommend a decent area in Bunbury to live. We will be renting 1st then looking to buy.

Cheers Dave N Sue

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

College Grove, Dalyellup, Eaton, Australind, Treendale (bit of a drive into town though) all the others are within 10 mins of the centre of Bunbury. College Grove & Dalyellup close to hospitals.

Guest susanmary38

Hi Sarah & Adey

Thanks for that, it gives us somewhere to start looking.

How are things out there? are you still enjoying it?

Hope fully we will be there early next year

Dave n Sue.

Guest Sarah and Matt

Hi there. i've not been in PIO for ages and I see Sarah and filled you in on all you need to know about Bunbury (She's a good girl!) There's a big ex pat community here if you think you might be in to that, and like Sarah says most people are friendly. When you're looking at places to live its easier to decide where you don't want to live and work back from there. There's a massive choice to fit everyones budget here

We've been here just over 2 years so if you have any question or query feel free to pm me.

Guest susanmary38

hi Saran & Matt

will definately be in touch, will look on real estate for more ideas.

How are you liking Bunbury,

Dave N Sue

Hi Sarah & Adey

Thanks for that, it gives us somewhere to start looking.

How are things out there? are you still enjoying it?

Hope fully we will be there early next year

Dave n Sue.

We love living in Bunbury its a great place, very quiet, laid back and great beaches. If we had kids I'd definately say its a great place to bring them up and the kids all seem to have a great social life and lots of sports to play.

Yep we are still enjoying it and we're due to move into our own house in about a month so can't wait to settle finally in a place of our own.

We also know Sarah & Matt but feel free to ask us questions I'm sure you've got plenty I know we did.

SArah

Guest barngirlart

We are hoping to move next year. We are applying for state sponsorship and are looking at Bunbury and Margaret river.

Help, where to go?

My husband is a sales rep. here in Scotland so would probably look for something alone those lines.

We have a 9 month old and want a better outdoor life for her.

Good place for a family Bunbury or Margaret River?

thanks suzanne

Guest Andy and Tracy

Hiya

We visited Bunbury, Busselton and Margaret River earlier this year on our recce trip. We have 6 year old twins and a 3 year old. Personally, I would say Bunbury if you have a young family, but that is obviously only my opinion!

I think Margaret River would be a bit quieter - probably more people visiting on the wine route? If I remember correctly, the shopping centre in Bunbury looked very "colonial" - lovely buildings with balustrades, painted duck-egg blue and cream. I mention that because some shopping centres can be very drab and this was noticeably not!!

Don't suppose that helps one iota, but the thought was there!!

It is such a big decision! We love Mandurah, just north of Bunbury and Busselton, but DH wants us to consider B and B again ourselves as it is slightly cheaper. With the big highway they are building which will reach there soon, it will boost house prices, so it would be a good time to buy in the next year or two.

Good luck with everything

Tracy

Guest susanmary38

hi Suzanne

Good look with the move, we have decided on Bunbury, or the close surrounding area as we have work to go to, have heard Eaton, Australind are good places.

If you mail Adey, she can give you plenty of knowledge on the area.

Sue

Guest barngirlart

Hi Adey,

Ok so we need your help! Tell us why you love Bunbury? Do you think it's an outdoor lifestyle for children?

We still need to find work as we are getting state sponsorship. Any tips?

Thanks,Suz

Hi guys we have been looking at Bunbury also, we looked at surrounding areas of Freo, house prices quite high so we looking further afield.

We like looking at google earth, theyhave made it loads better, take a look.

Hope all goes well for everyone:wubclub:

Beckyx:jiggy:

Guest springflower

Hi Everyone :smile:

I live in Eaton 10 mins north of Bunbury and love it. It has everything near by, shops, schools, dentist, doctors (just building a new medical Centre which should be open soon) leisure centre and sports all within a walk away. It takes me a 10 minute drive to get into Bunbury which I think has everything you need, shopping centres, beaches, boating, canoeing, all the sports available, and plenty of cafes and restaurants, and nightlife for those that like to be out at the weekend. It is hard to tell people why you like it here as everyone has different values and tastes, but for us as a family we all agree that it is a good place to be. I have two boys 18 and 13, one out at work, and the other at high school. OH works at Collie and I am a community care worker. We have made loads of friends since moving here from Busselton 2 years ago and meet up very regularly for lunches and nights/weekends outings.

You really need to come and live here for a while to see if its the place for you, but it is pretty special, well we think so!

Jan xx

Hi barngirlart,we got a new debit card before the money for the visa was taken out of our account. they didnt email us just sent the whole forms back with a letter saying what the problem was, if they had emailed us we could have sent them the new card number:arghh: very frustrating .

Beckyx

• 2 weeks later...
Guest keith lancaster

Hi there, may I ask why Bunbury? We (wife and 2 boyz) live in college grove Been here 10 months almost and are very happy here.(just had pool fitted ready for summer) it has a real nice slow moving pace which is great after living in that rat race UK.. My wife works in real estate and could be a good contact for your rental and help with location, infact the company she works for is owned by poms and helps poms alike. Let us know. Keith

Guest susanmary38

Hi Keith.

we have a job offer in Bunbury, Halifax area.

We will be looking any were near work so we dont have to travel far, we've been told Eaton, Dalyelup, are nice places, whats College Grove like, and how far away is it from Bunbury?

How are you guys settling in in Oz.

Keep in touch.

Dave N Sue

hi

Got visas this week, flight booked for 4 November can't wait to get out to Bunbury. Wondered if any one who has primary school child aged 11 years have any advice which school to try and get my boy in. Any advice please

Sandie

Guest Sarah and Matt

Hi Keith. We are also in College Grove. Not too many English up here- we thought we were the only ones! We have been living here for almost 2 years. Thought we'd made a mistake a few times choosing College Grove but really like it now. How about you?

Guest keith lancaster

that was quick. College grove is very close to halifax,Dallyellup is about 5 kms further south of colllege grove's 9 kms from town, sorry city. traffic is nothing like UK so to travel is nothing. infact my wife has told me its easier to tell you where not to live(real estate). I'll get shot for this but dallyelup is getting a bit of a reputation(still a lot of development happening which brings its own problems). To be honest we looked out there and the houses are all modern beautiful and large. Where ever you decide there is no hurry. The best advice is dont rush your selves, see what suits your life style. I'm in the building game and the company I work for are also based in halifax. but not on a sponsership. What is it that you'll be doing? Keith

Guest keith lancaster

Hi sarah & Matt. We like College grove, its quiet and safe and we have English friends also live on College grove. Lived here since mid May now and slowly getting there with the house. (ex rental). To be honest thought we made a mistake with Bunbury, been here since start of January and beginning to settle now and feal better for the summer just around the corner. No Idea where in the UK you'r from but its got to be better here?

Guest susanmary38

Hi Keith

Got a job as workshop manager in a small company called South West Fencing and ballustrading, they do a lot of work in Dunsborough, stainless steel ballustrading, etc. I'm a sheet metal worker.

I'm coming over on state sponsorship 176, so if we dont like it we can move on, we also have sponsorship to South Australia.

had a look at college grove it does look nice, we also heard a few things about Dalyellup, seems like a lot of people are moving away to places like Eaton, Australind, etc.

How do you guys like it down under?

Dave n Sue

what's all the negative goss about Dalyellup? Know the locals don't like it much as it destroyed lots of trees/countryside etc.or so I've been told and they think its too far out of town (mmm not far compared to what we are used to)....what else isn't good about Dalyellup?????

Archived