Re: Does anyone have A Reference Template?

cartertucker

Hi all,

This may be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone have any good 'reference templates' please?

I need to contact my husbands past clients (he's a roofer) to basically say 'hello we did your roof & we are putting together a portfolio, could you give us a reference' But in a more formal way....im sure you get the picture

Ive also got to send one to the builders that he has done work for & also past employers.

Has anyone had to do this & still got a template? Im just trying to get ideas of how/where to start with it! :wacko:

I'd be so gratefull for any advice,

Kelly.:smile:

• Addressee name and address if known
  • Date
  • Salutation ('To whom it may concern', or 'Dear Sir or Madam', or 'Dear <title> <surname>')
  • Confirm dates, job title(s) capacity, and salary and benefits details if required/appropriate.
  • Confirm that the person's performance and attitude was (at all times) satisfactory/exceeded expectations or standards.
  • Briefly explain the person's responsibilities (optional)
  • Briefly describe their skills/qualifications/strengths/characteristics (optional)
  • State that you would willingly re-employ the person if the opportunity arose (optional, and very re-assuring for the reader)
  • Offer to provide more information if required (optional)
  • Yours faithfully (or 'Yours sincerely' if writing to a named addressee)

N.B. It's a matter for your own discretion how much praise and positive information to include in the reference letter, hence the optional items.

This is a basic checklist that we have used and also references we have received pretty much fit this too.

Otherwise maybe do a google and see what comes up.

Kate

Guest TheArmChairDetective

Remember, if you dont have microsoft office you wont be able to download everything.

I will have a look at the open office org site to see if they have templates.

Open office is the free alternative to microsoft software

Archived