Mt Eliza to Clayton Commute

markry

Hi all - My family and I will be coming to Victoria in November and really like the look of Mt Eliza as a suburb to settle in. However, my work is in Clayton around 35 kms away. Does anyone have any thoughts / experience on whether this commute is doable? My tomtom seems to think it should take around half an hour by car but a couple online route finders think nearer an hour? I currently have about a 45 min commute so this is managable but I wouldn't really want it to be any longer.

Thanks for any help!

Snap, I'm coming to work in Clayton in January. We have just submitted our ENS application, hope it will be through in the next 4 months.

I also currently commute 45 minutes but I want to get away from that (up until a few months ago, it was a 15 min cycle and believe me, it is a big difference with 2 small children who go to bed at 7pm). So, I have been looking at Mount Waverley / Glen Waverley, the latter being useful for the train for OH to find a job wherever. My boss also gave me a few suggestions, Clayton and suburbs south of Clayton are less desirable if you have a family. He lives in Rowville (east of Clayton) which according to him is nice but not a lot to do for teenagers. Wheelers Hill and Forest Hill were also generally recommended. Dont know anything about Mt Eliza, so sorry, cant answer your question.

By the way, where are you staying when you get there? Let me know what you think of Clayton when you get there, would be interested to know before I go.

Good luck!

To Clayton I go there a lot as my daughter had to go to the Monash hospital and I live in Somerville, its an easy drive, I take the Frankston Freeway to Springvale Road then up to Westall Road, then up on to the Princess Highway and turn left into north road and left into Clayton Road. Somerville is 11kms from Frankston on the Frankston Flinders Road.

There is another more direct way but only good if you do not have to cross the railway line, the railway line is dynamite. So I avoid it.

You can now take the Eastlink freeway up to the Princes Highway and turn left but its a further down, Westall Road is better. Takes us about 40 mins to an hour depending on the traffic and that is parking the car as well which is a feat at the Monash Medical Centre.

Archived