How much are private primary schools fees??

Guest redross76

Guest redross76

Hi all, we are still in U.K. and are wandering how much we can expect to pay for our 6 year olds catholic education per year in the South East Melbourne area. He goes to an ordinary church school here in the U.K. which is free and would like to continue the religious part of his schooling in OZ. I have now been reading other threads saying it can cost up to $10,000 per year per child!!. Does anyone have a rough idea as all the school websites seem to be a bit "shy" about their fees. We also have a 2 year old daughter who will be in the same position soon so our decision now will affect her.

Ross,Caroline,Oliver 6 , Emily 2

Paper application (475) lodged June 08, Meds. asked for Aug , booked 8 Sept.

Hi all, we are still in U.K. and are wandering how much we can expect to pay for our 6 year olds catholic education per year in the South East Melbourne area. He goes to an ordinary church school here in the U.K. which is free and would like to continue the religious part of his schooling in OZ. I have now been reading other threads saying it can cost up to $10,000 per year per child!!. Does anyone have a rough idea as all the school websites seem to be a bit "shy" about their fees. We also have a 2 year old daughter who will be in the same position soon so our decision now will affect her.

Ross,Caroline,Oliver 6 , Emily 2

Paper application (475) lodged June 08, Meds. asked for Aug , booked 8 Sept.

The Catholic system is nothing like $10k a year so dont worry - around here I think it is about $2.5- $3k pa but even that may be an overestimate just trying to remember what other folk have said. The $10k schools tend to be the blue ribbon private schools. So dont worry - it wont be anything like that.

Guest The Pom Queen

My son goes to a private Catholic Secondary in SE Melbourne, the price is $2700 a year. If you let me know where abouts in the SE your heading I can find out the fees for you.

Guest redross76

Great thanks, we are hopefully looking at the Springvale area as this is where our sponsor lives. We are now hoping for a june /july date for our visas which may mean puting our son into school after the Australian winter break! but he will only be 7 so not too bad. moving 2 melbourne? have you already moved ? where have you ended up?

Archived