import a quadf bike?

Guest cosworth123

Guest cosworth123

has anybody put a quad bike in their container :?: i have a 450cc road leagle quad here but in oz they are not permited for use on the road but this quad was origanally designed for off road use only. do i have to get a permit :?: :?: :?: any help on this subject would be great

richard

Guest dwaldron

I'm sure you'd be fine importing it, they are used on farms all over the country, but remember, make sure that the tyres are really clean and disinfected and drain the oil and fuel. Don't forget to put oil back in once it arrives or you'll be in a real pickle!

hi

Have you priced one up in oz to compare the cost of importing your quad?

The 2nd hand value plus import costs might be similar to the price of a quad in Oz.

Not too clued up on quads, but i decided to sell my road bike and will prob by one in oz, cos i understand the cost of jap machines (mines a kawasaki) are cheaper over there. Hope im right :oops:

Its an excuse to get a new bike anyway :wink:

Hiya we sold our road-reg quad in the uk ,we were told you pay tax on leavin, tax on arrivin, and tax on the value ,,when you added it up it was cheaper to buy one here ,although the driving is that bad i dont think id fancy using it on the road ,it may be cheaper on the tax side if you took the plates off and got qoutes for un registered, if you look on line at Trading Post there should be some for sale so you get an idea of price,remeber when you register one here in your name you again pay a % of the value,hope this helps

Cal x

Archived