perth: north or south can't decide?

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Hi All,

Having real difficulty deciding on areas.

Narrowed it down to areas in the north like Currambine, Connoly, Craigie,Wanneroo and Beldon

In the South; Yangebup, Coolbellup and Bibra Lake

My question relates to the proximity of good beaches. I know the northern areas are close (10 mins drive) to beaches but not sure about the Southern areas I've mentioned.

It is important for us to be ideally about 10 mins from a decent beach as I'll be working a lot :arghh:and OH willl be spending lots of time there with the children (hopefully) and doesn't want to be driving long distances.

Hope someone out there can help! Thanks in advance x

Hi All,

Having real difficulty deciding on areas.

Narrowed it down to areas in the north like Currambine, Connoly, Craigie,Wanneroo and Beldon

In the South; Yangebup, Coolbellup and Bibra Lake

My question relates to the proximity of good beaches. I know the northern areas are close (10 mins drive) to beaches but not sure about the Southern areas I've mentioned.

It is important for us to be ideally about 10 mins from a decent beach as I'll be working a lot :arghh:and OH willl be spending lots of time there with the children (hopefully) and doesn't want to be driving long distances.

Hope someone out there can help! Thanks in advance x

Depends how much money you have to spend plus in the summer kids have to be covered up if not kept out of the sun 35 40 is hot bibra lake is alf industrial

Guest tim_the_taf

depends on lots of things esp. how much you want to spend. nothing under $2m where we are, but thats the western suburbs. have to look much farther north/ south than there to get anything reasonably priced within 10 mins of beach. as the other guy said, bibra lake is industrial.

Hi there

We were looking for the same thing, but it depends on your budget. The closer to the beach the more expensive it gets unless you go quite far from the city. From south of Fremantle there is a vast industrial estate on the coast that stretches (or seems to) halfway to Rockingham. After that the beaches are lovely and the house prices are more realistic. Rockingham, Warnbro, Port Kennedy are nice and you could live within 10 minutes of the beach but would face about a 45 minute commute to CBD.

To the north we found the prices didn't drop as much near the coast and you would have to go inland a bit. You may find yourself wondering whether you would prefer a house somewhere inland where you can afford a pool, and trips to the beach in the weekend. We didn't drive through every suburb but bits of Wanneroo looked OK and some not so OK. I think Craigie and Duncraig, Kinross etc are older more established. Don't know how far to the beach. Further north parts of Clarkson looked all right, but there are good and bad bits in most areas.

Archived