A Day at the Australian Open

Guest Nelson

I've just returned from a fantastic day at the Australian Open. One day and I'm totally hooked but that isn't the reason for my post.. This is:

I heard from a colleague that tickets for a day pass were only $30 each so thought it would be a good family day out. I went to buy the tickets and the nice man from Ticketek pointed out that we could buy a 'family' ticket for $80! Eighty bucks for a whole day out for the family at the equivilant of Wimbledon! Yey! From Flinders Street there was a FREE tram to Melbourne Park and it still just got better!

The whole operation was extremely well co-ordinated, not a chip cone in sight - only reasonably priced food which was hot, not tepid, didn't have a life expectancy longer than my own and tasted delicious.

The toliets were better than clean, they were almost salubrious!

We came away with far more than our ticket's worth of really decent freebies, which included an Optus overseas calling card giving over six hours of free talk to U.K., a radio, a tennis sweat band, various stickers, temporary tattoo type things, pens, lanyards, photos (of the Alton Towers variety, but free!), all manner of tennis paraphernalia, enough Garnier products to start a shop (they were the main sponsors).... the list just goes on!

Oh yes, the tennis was fantastic!!!!! 23 out of 24 courts available to wonder in and out at your leisure.

Roll on March.. looking forward to the Grand Prix now!

If you are looking for a family orientated lifestyle, then you are definitely sailing towards the right port!

May your visas arrive swiftly so that you, too, can enjoy!

All the best,

Krista

Guest Bex & Nick

It's great isn't it!? When I was backpacking a few years ago (well prob. 7 yrs now) I went to the Australian Open and it was $15...my brother went to the Grand Prix and I think at the time he said that it was about $75.

You just don't get that in the UK....roll on my visa so I can go back...

Bex

Archived