What's Brisbane Missing

Headstart Homestay

Hard to belive i know, but after being here 3 years we are missing the white powdertongue.gif. The snow that is, if only the skiers amongst us could chip in together and have a dry ski slope built at Mount Cootha, Brisbane would be more than perfect.

Has anyone found a decent, well priced ski resort with good Apres ski in NZ or NSW/VIC, or a bit further a field, sugestions appreciated.

What else are you guys missing from Brisbaneconfused.gif?

Cheers Dale & Francine

Guest Sam&Si

Hi Dale & Fran,

As a Kiwi I can say that the skiing in NZ is awesome. Queenstown is unbeatable but very expensive by NZ standards. Amazing Apres ski, people come from the world over to experience it. My recommendation if you're looking for a good value option would be Mount Ruapehu. Great skiing, quieter apres ski but still buzzing, nearby Taupo is fantastic for adventure sports and fishing. The only slight problem is that it's an active volcano but don't worry it hasn't erupted in about 15 years or so....

Sounds good guys will give it a look, its been 5 years since our last skiing hol so next winter is penciled in. Where did you guys find to stay at xmas as i need to reccommend somewhere to others, hope your plans are going well for the big move.

Take care Dale & Francine

Hi Dale & Fran,

As a Kiwi I can say that the skiing in NZ is awesome. Queenstown is unbeatable but very expensive by NZ standards. Amazing Apres ski, people come from the world over to experience it. My recommendation if you're looking for a good value option would be Mount Ruapehu. Great skiing, quieter apres ski but still buzzing, nearby Taupo is fantastic for adventure sports and fishing. The only slight problem is that it's an active volcano but don't worry it hasn't erupted in about 15 years or so....

Guest Sam&Si

Hi guys,

We've booked the Pale Pacific units on Suttons, not as nice as yours but location is great, right across from the beach so suits us, we're paying $450 per week for 3 weeks from the 20th Dec,normally $400. The 2 bed units are roughly the same price I think. The accom looks nicer than the Waltzing Matilda and the owners have been good at returning emails so that's always a bonus. Can't wait to get over there now - you wouldn't believe how bad the weather has been this summer - bank holiday and we had to have the heating on?!

Cheers

Archived