young family gaggin to get to oz!!

Guest matt,em&chloe

Guest matt,em&chloe

hi all, We are a young family hoping to get to oz in the next year. We have sent are TRA off and hopefully get the respose we want in the next few days. we started out wanting to go Perth but have since decided to go to the east coast Townsville,maggie island, Caloundra,Noosa etc. Having not been out there yet we would like some info on these places from families like ourselves to reassure us that these places would be a good choice. Iam a brickie of 28 my partner is 31 and the little princess is 4yrs.

We are really outdoorsey people and have dreamt of living on the coast ever since ever. Cant wait to get gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Hiya i have briefly visited the places you mention(well most) they are all beautiful places ,Noosa is lovely with gorgous beaches ,just remember the higher you go ,the hotter ,also property will be a little more expensive as these are 'touristy spots and near to the coast',Caloundra has a good family reputation ,have you read the 'were 2 live' guides,i found them very helpful ,giving statistics on population etc,hope this helps

Cal x

• 1 year later...
Guest Dave & Angie

Hi there,

We have recently received our visa's and have decided to head out to Caloundra after hearing so many great reports about the place, One of them being from an Australian woman who now lives in England with her husband but stated to myself "If she could live anywhere in Australia it would be Caloundra" best place for families. she just has to convince her English husband now!!

We to have never been, and with no family or friends to advice us out there, have decided to go out on holiday in April 2009 to check it out, if all goes well, will come home and sell our house in uk and go for it!

My partner is also in the building trade and we have a young family, our 7 yr old daughter Holly and 6mth old twin boys Max & Keane.

Will let you know how we get on in Caloundra in April xx

Take care

Dave & Angie

Archived