BRISBANE

Guest mumabee

Guest mumabee

HI,

My husband and I emigrated over to Brisbane in 2002. We have just bought a business here. Its a Giant indoor childrens playcentre, party centre and cafe, we would love to put an open invite out to anyone who would like to come and meet other expats whilst the children play in a safe and friendly environment.

Its called 'Wriggle It' although we have changed the name to The Wacky Warehouse, we take over the business 29 January 2007.. signage will take some time to change so if your coming down to say HI look out for Wriggle It, The address is 440 KINGSTON RD, LOGAN CENTRAL.

We will be holding an expats day every first SUNDAY of the month offering a 10%discount off everything. under 2 years of age and adults are FREE. so why not come and grab a coffee, let the kids play and meet some like minded people.

Look forward to meeting anyone who comes to join us...

We will also be having mums coffee mornings every thursday am from 10am. and Pregnant Mums coffee mornings every Wednesday from 10am so if you can't make a SUNDAY then why not pop in during the week.

make your selves known for the discount....

Good luck ,we too will pop in and see you ,probably when its too hot to play out ,,speak soon

Cal x

Are you just trying to make us jealous :lol:

P.S. it's raining again for force gail winds are due tomorrow

Guest Hayley370

I have just registered on this site and I am so glad I did! What a great idea!

We have been in Brissy nearly three months and some days I am pulling my hair out as to what to do with the kids! Problem solved!!!!!!!!

I will be down there shortly, can you let me know when your first sunday is and your first mums morning! Just try and keep me away!

See you soon

Hayley (mum to Spencer 3 and Jayden 7 months) x

Guest mumabee

Hi there Hayley

It would be great to see you. Our first coffee morning will be Thursday 8th february at 10am.

Im glad that you registered as we are trying to reach all those people like yourself who want to get out let the children play and hopefully make some new friendships.

Please ask for tasha as you come in and make yourself known. look forward to seeing you there.

Guest Brendan

Sorry

I don't mean to be rude but I'm confused when you say you are tearing your hair out not knowing what to do with kids. I thought there were loads of parks, beaches, dolphin watching and stuff to keep busy. Is is becasue it's too hot to be outside with little ones in mid summer.

Hiya there are lots of parks and as you will know many beaches but for some these are unaccesible for many reasons the main being ,,,hubby takes car to work so no transport and the big one is sometimes its just too hot ,even with hats n suncream it gets to you.My 3yr old is strugglin to walk n pick my son up from school with me as this last week as been so hot,we walked to and from school in the uk and even though its the same distance her little legs get tierd with the heat,hope this helps you understand a bit more ,,

Cal x

We had a place similar here in Marbella Spain but it closed due to dodgy building permission and we miss it terribly so hope to see you soon, you better prepare for my 1&2 year old boys, i suggest stun guns! :)

We too are interested in the Logan area, how do you find its caters for toddlers generally?

Guest Hayley370

Thanks there Cal for answering that one! Much that there are many wonderful places to go (most of them are free as well), as Cal says Jan/Feb in Brisbane is the hottest time of the year. My 3 year old can just about cope with the heat at the moment but my 7 month old is struggling a little. Therefore we tend to go to the park/pool e.t.c. when dad gets home after work because it is much cooler. Also anyone else who has young children will realise that getting out the house isn't always the easiest job. Especially with babies that are just getting used to eating solids, just strating to have set sleep times e.t.c.

Mind you I keep saying to myself I would rather cope with two months of too hot weather over here, than about eight months of too cold weather on that crappy little island somewhere on the other side of the world!?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!!

Archived