PS2 and games will they work on aussie TV?

gail39

Guest graham$nic

Hi my brother in law brought a dvd from oz for my daughter for xmas and i doesnt work on any of our dvd players hope that helps u a bit

Guest Missiemo
cananyone tell me if my sone PS2 will work on a aussie TV or not.And DVDs do they work on aussie TV aany info would be great gail

Gail

Will test my daughters today, as she has only used it on the UK portable we brought, will get back to you.

Mo

I can confirm...

PS2 (unless chipped or modded) are "regionalised"..UK is Region 2, Australia is Region 4. (Same as for DVD movies)

UK PS2s play UK disks and Aussie PS2s play Aussie disks... But if they are "chipped" or "Modded" they will play anything...

(Chipping or modding is a term taht means having a bypass chip fitted to override the regional controls issues... There have been many discussions over whether this is legal...but it seems (AFAIUI) that once you have bought the unit, it is up to you whether you use it, ...or choose to drive a truck over it....)

Other than that.,... the telly is not important, .....provided you use the AV leads either will play on any....

So... Get your PS2 'Chipped' before you leave (Assuming it hasn't been done already ) 8)

Most brand name DVD players are also "Regioned", but also most have a bypass cose that you can use to make it "Region 0", which is region free....

...cheaper units ...chinese, taiwanese and korean imports, very ofetn do not have the Region issue...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dawn courage

Gail, as they say here "no worries" my son is PS2 mad and his uk machine works fine here. Dont bother bringing your TV though, unless its multi regional and you have the change over codes.

Our DVD player works ok with an Aussie telly, but it dosent like a lot of their hire shop dvds, all brand new ones work fine.

Dawn

Archived