mobile phones

Guest cosworth123

Guest cosworth123

can anyone tell me if our uk mobile phones will be compatible with australian sim cards ? It does seem that mobile phones are cheaper here in the uk as we have just bought new phones we were wondering if they will actually work once we swap to aussie sim cards ?

Guest dwaldron

Yes, but just make sure your SIM isn't locked by inserting a UK competitor's SIM before you go, if it needs unlocking it's easier to do it here.

I did a bit research on prices in AUS and have bought a PAYG SIM for Virgin mobile from E-Bay Australia it will work so long as your phone is quad or tri band.Most modern phones are.Only a couple of weeks now till I am off.Texts and calls back to the UK are the same price as calling someone in AUS.Great

• 1 month later...

Hi, We brought 3 uk mobiles with us and out of that 2 worked as soon as we put in a oz sim card, for the other one we got it unlocked at our local shopping centre for $10

You can buy mobiles here of course but they are expensive and also very behind the uk, aussie ebay is a good place to look.

Archived