Any electricians out there that can help PLEASE

Guest lisaandnick

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Just done some digging around that site and it does now sound a lot more promising. Not sure why vetasses are asking for 5 years when these guys are 12 in 24 mths. I'll keep an eye on the system because it seemed to suggest they were considering changing it & making it national one day.

thanks for looking into it for me. I really do appreciate it!!

No problems. Hope it all goes well. I thought I wouldn't be eligible to apply as I'm not employed as an electrician anymore but had enough previous experience so was able to. Passed the vetassess electrical practical exam now. It's a stressful time, but all worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, new to this site tbh any forum site. I'm currently days away from my 309 visa decision. I am a qualified UK spark and lived in oz for a couple years from 07 to 09 in that time I got my ARTC does this still stand? Will I be able to use this to enrol on the licence course at PEER in SA? Apologies if this is in this feed but I could be reading these feeds for days till I find the answer!! Also we are moving to Sydney would I be able to transfer the SA licence to NSW?

• 1 month later...

Hi All, I am a sparky from the UK who just recently moved to Australia to sample the lifestyle and to hopefuly make a better future for my family.

I have since enrolled at the local TAFE and I must complete Gap Training of 16 electives to enable me to take a QLD specific Regs exam to gain my Full electrical licence.

I am really struggling to make sense of some of the electives so please if you are a sparky from the UK who has already jumped through these extra hoops, can you give me some advise or shed some light on what it is exactly they want from me. I would be eternally grateful and in your debt. the Electives they have asked me to complete are :-

UEENEE E001B

E002B

E005B

E007B

E008B

E004B

E003B

G001B

G003B

G002B

G007B

G009B

G004B

C020B

G005B

G008B

And would especially appreciate some help specifically with the following please :-

UEENEEE004B Solve problems in multiple path DC circuits ?

UEENEEG001B Solve problems in Electromagnetic circuits ?

UEENEEC020B Participate in elect work & comp development activities ??

Again thanks very much to anyone who can help with this.

• 10 months later...

Archived