New to forum Please help (Gas Man)

Guest DEAN

Hi all Im new to the forum, but ive picked up some good tips from reading every one elses problems, thanks. So here is my own Im a British gas engineer & my partner and I with our young son are going through the process as a skilled migrant, but we are not sure where the work would be for me, its not as if you need central heating in OZ can any one help, Cheers Deano

Display posts from previous: All Posts1 Day7 Days2 Weeks1 Month3 Months6 Months1 Year Oldest FirstNewest First

Guest davilou

:D hi dean,my name is dave & i am also a tech eng with BG.i am a bit further on with the visa process than you,police and med checks done,so just waiting for final e-mail.Iam going to Adelaide and have been advised that i will be able to work under supervision with current uk qualifications but to recieve an'unrestricted licence' i will have to take two courses,one in gasfitting and one in estimating.i am not sure about other states requirements.hope this helps,dave

[

Cheers Dave where did you find out that you will need supervision, we are thinking of Victoria area, it seems to be colder there.

What patch do you work on Im on Central Lancs (Burnley). But I also worked down south in Luton.

Guest davilou

Hi Dean, this is the e-mail that i recieved regarding gas licencing in South Australia;

Good Morning Mr Cavaghan,

To obtain a Gas Fitters Workers Registration in South Australia there are 2 stages;

First of all, if you come into our office when you arrive in South Australia with all relevant documentation such as your City and Guilds certificates etc, we will be able to grant you with a licence stating : Gas Fitter Workers Registration- to work under technical direction of registered gas worker. If we don't find your certificates to be sufficient, we will ask you to have a skills assessment at Regency School Of Plumbing.

Once this has been finalised you will be able to become an Unrestricted Gas Fitter if you complete 2 extra courses, which are

Estimating 1A

Gas Fitting 2.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes

Alli Kinnear

Plumbing, Gas & Electrical

South Australian Licensing

I work in the Cumbria patch, ruled by Stockport ASC. My short dial is 565575, give me a ring if you want some information.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
Guest oz migration

Hi Gaz

Most States have a need for high calibre gas fitters as a good number of houses have gas appliances and now an ever increasing demand for gas combi boilers being installed.

States such as Victoria do have central hetaing FYI - good luck

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hilltop
Hi Dean, this is the e-mail that i recieved regarding gas licencing in South Australia;

Good Morning Mr Cavaghan,

To obtain a Gas Fitters Workers Registration in South Australia there are 2 stages;

First of all, if you come into our office when you arrive in South Australia with all relevant documentation such as your City and Guilds certificates etc, we will be able to grant you with a licence stating : Gas Fitter Workers Registration- to work under technical direction of registered gas worker. If we don't find your certificates to be sufficient, we will ask you to have a skills assessment at Regency School Of Plumbing.

Once this has been finalised you will be able to become an Unrestricted Gas Fitter if you complete 2 extra courses, which are

Estimating 1A

Gas Fitting 2.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to contact me.

Best Wishes

Alli Kinnear

Plumbing, Gas & Electrical

South Australian Licensing

I work in the Cumbria patch, ruled by Stockport ASC. My short dial is 565575, give me a ring if you want some information.

Dave

Hi Dave,

We are new to this forum and just seen you message to Dean, my husband is also in Gas, our applications have been granted all we waiting for now is for our daughter to finish her college education next year then we will be going over to Adelaide, we knew about having to take a skills assesment test in Gas fitting, but not in estimateing, and we did'nt know that we had to go to the office you mentioned to sort it out, do you have the address of the office that you have to go to in South Australia to obtain a Gas workers registration for South Australia, and if nessesary a skills assesment to obtain this licence that we need to work.

Mike use to work for b/gas, but he left 4 years ago, he worked for Stockport divistion, he worked there for 24 years.

Thank you for any information you can give us, it is much appricated.

Hilltop

• 2 months later...

Just Been Reading All The Post On Gas. Im A B.g. Engineer And Have Just Started To Apply For Are Visas, Have Checked A Few Sites For Work In Perth But Just Wondered How Long It Will Take To Become A Gas Registered Fitter In Australia And How Easy It Its To Fing Work ?

Archived