Had medicals today

Wendy Robinson

Hi all,

As the title says been for our medicals today nothing to worry about just checked eyesight, height ,weight, throat and checked breathing.

Eldest was gutted cos the doc didn't ask him to cough:biglaugh:.

Doc also had feel of stomach and checked my feet for circulation (didn't envy her my feet stunk cos of wearing boots all day):biglaugh:

Also asked about medical history eg operations and hospital admissions.

For kids eyetest ears, throat and chest and a urine test for over 5.

This day out cost us a grand total of £570 plus £45 for x rays which we had done yesterday.

We used the Riverside medical practice in Shrewsbury and Royal Shrewsbury Hospital for x rays.

Here is a price list :-

Blood tests and examination £180 for an adult

Examination £80 children aged 2-16 years

Examination £50 children under 2 years

chest xray £45 for one £80 for a couple £40 for each for a group of more than 2 people.

Hope this makes sense.

Wendy xxx

Now the wait begins again.

Guest chrisclaire2008

Hi Wendy,

We are also from Telford & have just decided to make the move to Brisbane. It was useful to know the charges for the medical thanks as we are looking to make the move in 2010 if all goes well.

It would be lovely to keep in touch & let us know how you get on as we also have kids Corey(5) & Charlie(7 months). Look forward to hearing from you.

Claire & Chris

Hi Wendy,

We are also from Telford & have just decided to make the move to Brisbane. It was useful to know the charges for the medical thanks as we are looking to make the move in 2010 if all goes well.

It would be lovely to keep in touch & let us know how you get on as we also have kids Corey(5) & Charlie(7 months). Look forward to hearing from you.

Claire & Chris

Hi Claire,

Glad you found the informaton helpful. Where abouts in Telford are you? I'm in Ketley. If there is anything else i can help you with please feel free to PM me.

Guest chrisclaire2008

Hi Wendy,

Were from Wellington so not far,the medical info was helpful as we are looking to start the app process next year as we dont want to make the move for another 2 yrs as we have just moved into our current house. What part of Oz are you moving to? And when are you planning on selling your house as its quite hard to make sure everything comes together.

We had some friends who moved to oz 2 months ago (Brisbane) and they love it.

We just want something better for our children & obviuosly the weather is a big bonus!

Speak to you soon

Claire

Archived