Hot spots of Adelaide

Guest cbr1100XX

Guest cbr1100XX

Hi All Adelaidians

We are coming down to Adelaide from Sydney ( ok its across technically) for a long weekend (Wife, Daughter (11) and myself) in early Sept. I would like to know what the unmissable spots are and how we can pack as much into to 3 days as absolutely possible.

I'm hoping to hire a car so we can travel a little, and would love to see penguins if they are still around, that German town (for some reason my wife wants this), the Barossa Valley (unless its a 2 day drive) and possibly Kangaroo Island (saw it on the news at Christmas).

Any thoughts, suggestions or tips will be greatly appreciated

Muchas gracias

cbr1100xx

Guest Guest9973

Certainly have a trip to the wine growing regions.

The Barossa up north ( which I think is over rated).

Or Mclaren Vale - lovely place and near the beaches as well.:notworthy:

Guest moonraker1961

Depending what your interests are,Victor Harbour/Granite Island,Middleton Beach,Barossa Valley,Hahndorf (good for a stroll and touristy)the city....Rundle Mall (main shopping)walk along the Torrens river which is adjacent to city,Glenelg Beach (met beach).Clare is a nice place but maybe abit too far north to travel within the time frame you have.

Hi, We went to the German Town and they have the best Pie Shop there ever - so don't miss it !!

Swimming with the Dolphins at Glenelg with Temptation Sailing was also a lovely experience, infact just walking along the beach at Glenelg is lovely.

Enjoy your trip

I don't want to seem stupid :wideeyed: but are you intending to do all those things in one weekend?

Unless it's a really long weekend, I would suggest that popping over to Kangaroo Island isn't worth the time (and sea-sickness!) unless it's for a few days at least as there is heaps to see. Plus it might still be a bit chilly in September.

Perhaps you could to take in the Barrossa, then Lobethal and that area, then down to Victor, Middleton (you never know there might be a stray whale left there!), Granite etc to see the penguins.

Whatever you do, please don't forget to check out our pink-speedo, silver-jacketed indigenous friend....he's famous you know!

Whatever you do, I'm sure you'll have a great time here. There's plenty to do and see.

Have fun!

:wubclub: LC

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest9973

No worries:cool:

I must admit that Hahndorf has gone fairly tacky and "touristy" now - but not a bad place to call for a beer when touring the hills.

No worries:cool:

I must admit that Hahndorf has gone fairly tacky and "touristy" now - but not a bad place to call for a beer when touring the hills.

Yep if it's a nice day the German Arms has some great brews on tap...love the two wheat beers, yum:)

Archived