Oh my god - we will be in Canberra in a few weeks!

Guest sarahnshaun

Guest Tucker SJM

Hi,

My husband and I moved to Canberra about 8 months ago, we now have a 4 month old little girl, so those of you with young children you will love the facilities and services available here. I go to regular meets with other mums, so if you want to come along let me know and we can arrange something.

When we moved here we had no intention of going along to expat events, wanted really to just slot in and get on with things. More than happy to meet up for a drink some time though and get to know some more people, the more the merrier.

I just read that one of you is pregnant, we moved to Canberra when I was 5 months pregnant and the services here have been fantastic. Are you coming over on a permanent residency visa or something like a 457? Just a word of advice, if you will be temporary residents your child will not be an australian citizen and you will have to apply for a British Passport, then add them onto your visa. I am going down that route at the moment, and unfortunately it is a nightmare.

Got to get offline now and go and sort our daughter out. Good luck all with the moves. You will love Canberra.

Archived