KIDS - we've got a live one here!

Guest matt,em&chloe

Guest matt,em&chloe

Just a quickie to all those people that have already moved to Australia - we are hoping to move to Oz primarily for the sake of our little one, Chlo. Can you honestly tell us if it really is the better option for them, we are hoping that it will offer her an outdoorsy lifestyle, lots of excercise, happy days in the sun and a chance to live in a safe and beautiful environment. we just feel this country is getting more and more unsafe, expensive, kids dont get the opportunity to excercise as much as they should, a government offering empty promises, a youth culture of drinking and drugs...and so on. Are we being unrealistic and ever hopeful? Any views would be appreciated.................................

THANKS!!!

X

Hiya we moved out in November with our 2 kids age 3 & 8,mainly for the same reasons as you.The kids are loving it and would not go back to the uk now ,it is alot safer for them to play out and the weather is obviously a big factor too,but dont put rose tinted glasses on ,there is areas with a fair bit of crime as there is places with drugs,the main crime over here seems to be burglarys ,it does seem to be much milder than the uk but there is alot less people.The news at the mo is dominated by a rapist who as attacked several women around the inner Brisbane suburbs.There isnt shootings,stabbings and murders everday but there is abit of crime ,not enough to put us off and not as much as the uk,im sure you would feel safer and be happier here, as we are, but always remember crime is everywhere.Take Care you are doing the right thing

Good Luck

Cal x

Guest THE JONEZYS

Do you know what? Its really a strange coincidence that I have just come in from the garden and read your post. I have just had another diiapointing day house hunting in Melbourne and was infact feeling a little tearfull for the first time in the four weeks that we have been here :cry: when my 18 year old just came down the stairs and asked his dad and brothers if they wanted to go to the park for a kickabout. Now, my 18yo is very sporty and did play footie to a good standard in the UK,......BUT I dont think I can remember him going to the park with his dad and little brother since he was about 9!!! You wont believe how much its cheered me up :lol: Its just got me thinking, this is why I came to Aus, to enjoy simple little things like the kids being outside in the fresh (well smokey actually....bush fires!!) air. It may not mean much to anyone else but it has brightened my day no end :wink:

Sorry if i've waffled and gone off subject.

Lesleyx

Lesley you are right ,its strange also how much more time you spend together dont you think? hubby is coming home from work n takin our eldest to the bmx track in the uk it would av been tea shower bed,the aussie sun does strange things to us ,wipe your tears and keep smiling ,just think it WAS worth all the stress to get here,

Cal x

Guest THE JONEZYS

AW, SHUCKS YOU GUYS

Thank you all so very, very much for all the pm's and to you Cal. The only problem is..........they made me cry :cry: :D :cry: :D.

Have just had another day looking for a house without success, but hey the suns shining and it could be worse..........I could be house hunting in England agh!!

Lots of love to all :wink:

Lesleyx

PS, SOZ TO ANYONE HOUSE HUNTING IN THE COLD, IN ENGLAND 8)

Hi Guys

To Matt ,Em and Chloe, read the childrens forum as my daughter put a message on there yesterday.Its true what Cal and Lesley say you seem to have so much more quality time doing fun things with the kids .

Lesley,what seems to be the problem with the rentals ,is there just not enough out there or are other people beating you to it?

This would be handy to know if we do move down there.

Lisa,x

P.s Great joke Cal :lol:

Guest THE JONEZYS

The problem is, there just isn't a lot out there right now, just the time of year I suppose as all the agents keep telling us that they are out and about doing valuations and are just waiting for instructions from the owners.

We are actually not looking to rent, we are going to jump straight in and buy. We have been out here before and have been given lots of advice from family so we are just going to go for it. Apart from that, house prices are on the rise rapidly and we don't want to tie ourselves into a rental and prices go up :roll: We are in the lucky position of not having to have a mortgage over here so if we did hat what we bought we could always rent it out and go and rent/buy something else.

Sorry if the spelling is a bit bad but we have just found a spider as BIG HAS MY HAND :shock: :shock: in the bathroom...........my 20 year old, 6ft son has just come out screaming and its completly thrown me :!:

Lesleyx

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Matt, Em & Chloe

Not having any children, I can't help with your query.

However, I have replied to your PM. It is sitting in my outbox. Some people have had trouble receiving PMS via this site - I don't know why.

Have a look in your PM in-box. If you don't find anything there, send me another PM with your e-mail address and I'll send my reply to you that way instead, I suggest.

Cheers

Gill

Lesely, you get BIG spiders in Melbourne?(only see smallish ones so far)

I was hoping there may be less wildlife there than Brisbane,at least the mozzies did'nt seem to like the taste of me and you don't get the bloody cane toads....yet!

Every time we take our pup out in the evening i'm petrified he is going to pick one up,he manages to get hold of the squashed ones when we walk him in the day(dogs are sooooo disgusting).

I'm sure something will come onto the market soon,now everyone is over xmas.

Good luck

Lisa,x

Archived