Anyone from N/East uk emigrating to OZ

Guest *KAY TEE*

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there emigrating to Oz.(particulary Melbourne) from the north east of England. We have just started our visa process and would love to speak with people in the same boat as ourselves.

Maybe we could pick each others brains, on things like schooling and nice areas to live kids clubs etc. We have four kids a girl aged 15-going on 25 and 3 boys aged 13-into computer games and the army cadets, a crazeee 8 year old who loves being out doors and a 2 year old who loves iggle piggle. Anyone who wants to bend my ear (everyone at home is sick of hearing about Australia now) is more than welcome to drop me a buzz or a bump or whatever it is called (not very technically minded), you never know we could end up as "Neighbours" lol...... look forward to any nudges Ang x:notworthy:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz
Hi everyone,

Is there anyone out there emigrating to Oz.(particulary Melbourne) from the north east of England. We have just started our visa process and would love to speak with people in the same boat as ourselves.

Maybe we could pick each others brains, on things like schooling and nice areas to live kids clubs etc. We have four kids a girl aged 15-going on 25 and 3 boys aged 13-into computer games and the army cadets, a crazeee 8 year old who loves being out doors and a 2 year old who loves iggle piggle. Anyone who wants to bend my ear (everyone at home is sick of hearing about Australia now) is more than welcome to drop me a buzz or a bump or whatever it is called (not very technically minded), you never know we could end up as "Neighbours" lol...... look forward to any nudges Ang x:notworthy:

Im fron Hull and I moved to Melbourne over 3 years ago, I recommend mornington/mount martha area, has everything great schools shops etc.. oh and a fab beach. all the best.:jiggy:

Guest donovan

Hiya Ang

From Stockton on Tees originally but lived down South since 88, all my family still live up North and used to visit a lot.

Now living on the Gold Coast and loving it

Where are you from?

Sarahx

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi ya Sarah,

We are from Sunderland, so not too far from your old haunts. Hows life treating you down under? Are you missing anything if anything from home.? not the weather I guess lol

Ang x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi....i live in south shields

Hi Alison, where are you planning to go in Oz? Are you very far with your visa application? Are you going with your o/h or on your own? We are from Sunderland and hoping to be in Melbourne sooooon:jiggy:

Ang x

Hello there:))) Were from stockton-on-tees, hoping to go to the gold coast brisbane area, next Sept/Oct:))) All being well. When we went to the gold coast last year we were checking out a college for my daughter, the guy said 'wow I love the gordie accent' just a shame were smoggies ha ha, wait till they hear my daughters bf's accent he's from Newcastle like ha ha:)))

Helo and welcome pet:)))

Briggy:)))xxx

Hi there

We are from Durham so we may be close. We are a family of 5 considering a move but visiting first in December to Gold Coast. Let me know where you are.

Melanie

You will love the gold coast we went last july had a brill time, it's so clean peeps are so freindly so much to do:))) If you go arround that time of year and you go to the theme parks you don't have to que to get on the rides it's brill. We also went wale watching class:))) Don't know what it will be like in December I think that will be summer time. Go and have a ball.

Briggyxxx:))):yes::jiggy:

Guest donovan
Hi ya Sarah,

We are from Sunderland, so not too far from your old haunts. Hows life treating you down under? Are you missing anything if anything from home.? not the weather I guess lol

Ang x

Hiya Ang

Used to swim at the leisure centre at Sunderland when I used to compete.

Love life over here, my kids have settled really well, went fishing on Saturday hired a boat and caught a few fish, we would never do that in England.

Yesterday went to Movie world (again) as it is only one junction from where we live which is a real bonus.

The weather is good a bit chilly on a night and morning but it soon warms up.

Sarah x

Guest donovan
Hello there:))) Were from stockton-on-tees, hoping to go to the gold coast brisbane area, next Sept/Oct:))) All being well. When we went to the gold coast last year we were checking out a college for my daughter, the guy said 'wow I love the gordie accent' just a shame were smoggies ha ha, wait till they hear my daughters bf's accent he's from Newcastle like ha ha:)))

Helo and welcome pet:)))

Briggy:)))xxx

Hey Briggy where do you live in Stockton?

I was brought up in Oxbridge and went to Our lady & st Bedes school in Fairfield.

My dad now lives in Elmtree and I have a brother that lives Ingleby Barwick and my sister lives Wynard.

Small world eh

Sarah x

Hi all,

I've been living in Perth for 5 years now and love it.

I was born in Shakespeare st, Middlesbrough ( now the university) and in my late teens moved into a flat above a riding tackle shop in Oxbridge lane, Stockton. I used to work at Binns for 11 years in the 70's and 80's

Australia may be the other side of the world but it really is a small planet we live on

Guest donovan
Hi all,

I've been living in Perth for 5 years now and love it.

I was born in Shakespeare st, Middlesbrough ( now the university) and in my late teens moved into a flat above a riding tackle shop in Oxbridge lane, Stockton. I used to work at Binns for 11 years in the 70's and 80's

Australia may be the other side of the world but it really is a small planet we live on

Know that fishing tackle shop I used to live next to the petrol garage over the road in the 80's. UMMM I wonder if I know you??

Sarah x

Guest donovan

I loved Bentleys it was the in place to be

When did you live above the (fishing) doh riding tackle shop?

Sarah x

Hi Ang

I am from Newcastle I have been here 30yrs with visits back to England, and i have still got my accent. My kids were the about the same age as yours when we moved. I now live in Pakenham, an up and coming area, houses at reasonable prices, Also there is Berwick which has good facilities too and may be a bit more expensive. Officer nr Pakenham is growing and lots of new houses being built. Do not live in Dandenong, I lived there at first and it was great but has gone downhill somewhat. There is also Endeavour Hills, Knox City etc. None of these are nr the beach like Mt Martha and Mornington, however houses in the beach area's can be more expensive. My friend from Manchester is in Hasting and they are in the local yacht club, and I dont think housing is as expensive there. Also Frankston is nr the beach but has a poor reputation, and Cranbourne has less expensive housing but also hasnt got too good a reputation.

Hope this helps

Celia

Guest *KAY TEE*

Haloa Briggy,

You usually find where ever you go you get mistaken for Geordie,like when you book your flights, they assume you are flying from Newcastle Ha HA (na which evers cheaper Teeside OR Newcastle). Why did you decide on the Gold coast? we didnt have a choice O/H offered a job in Melbourne, but secretly I fancied Gold coast or Pearth. Ang x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hi Ang

I am from Newcastle I have been here 30yrs with visits back to England, and i have still got my accent. My kids were the about the same age as yours when we moved. I now live in Pakenham, an up and coming area, houses at reasonable prices, Also there is Berwick which has good facilities too and may be a bit more expensive. Officer nr Pakenham is growing and lots of new houses being built. Do not live in Dandenong, I lived there at first and it was great but has gone downhill somewhat. There is also Endeavour Hills, Knox City etc. None of these are nr the beach like Mt Martha and Mornington, however houses in the beach area's can be more expensive. My friend from Manchester is in Hasting and they are in the local yacht club, and I dont think housing is as expensive there. Also Frankston is nr the beach but has a poor reputation, and Cranbourne has less expensive housing but also hasnt got too good a reputation.

Hope this helps

Celia

Ahh thanks Celiia,

It nice to have avice from someone who has been there for a while. I have hear Dandenong and Knox city is not too hot, what woul you say point cook sanctuary lakes hoppers crossing and werribee is like? (sorry for the list) My husband dosn't want to be more than 30mins from work, he can work in Nth melbourne, fotscray, south Yarra or Caulfield. I know south yarra and caulfield are supposed to be really nice but a bit pricey I believe, an we obv. ont know the area well enough to look aroun these areas, what with shools to consider. Anyhow, just interested when you were last in Newcastle, have you noticed any changes and is there anything you miss. As it goes Im off to elon square with my aughter on Wednesday. Thanks for replying Celia, Angela x

Guest wiljenni

Hi Ang

We live in Newcastle and hoping to move to Brisbane in March next year.Currently applying for spouse visa as OH is from Perth, has been in UK for 10years but has had enough of the UK winters.Jen

Archived