• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest *KAY TEE*
I know you can get The Bill and Corrie but i think they maybe on foxtel

Cooool thanks Jenni, are they up to date do you know? :jiggy:Ang x

Guest *KAY TEE*
Ang,

Why did you decide on Melbourne:spinny:

Hi Jenni/wil, sorry got carried away with the soap thing and forgot to answer your ?, we didnt actually decide on Melbourne, that is where my husbands job is, to be honest at first I was thinking more of the Gold coast or Perth, but looking in to Melbourne, it seems fine crime rate one of the lowest in oz and in top 10 or 20 best cities in the world to live. So I thought what the heck, shops look fine, good schools and transport house prices not that ba either so here we are, heading off to the other side of the world, did I mention the shops look goo d:jiggy:Ang x

Guest wiljenni

I think they are behind not certain of this though

Hi Ali and Mal:)))

Applied for ours Feb 28th this year:))) We spoke to the visa beuro and they said they have such a back log it's taking anywhere between 6/9 months. I'm not bothered to be honest as we can start saving like mad and start shopping at netto ha ha:)))

All the best with your plans:wubclub: Briggyxxx:)))

Hi ali ,Hi mal, We're from Sunderland, We are just at the beginning of the waiting game and Im not known for my patience lol... just think it will be worthit in the long run, and from the sounds of it you are more than half way there if you applied in Jan. I keep looking at peoples messages where the say things like, sent this off in jan. got this back 15th Jan meds Feb 3rd etc. and try work out a rough guide of time, you'd be surprised, some come back quicker than others. is the 175 p/r visa, if so they seem to take a little longer, but once you have it, you have it for good. Good luck kid:spinny: Ang x

Thanks Ang and Briggy for your wise words and support.

Ali x

Guest smileygrandma's son in Oz

You can get eastenders corrie emmerdale, vicar of dibley etc.... on foxtel. we are a bit behind here not so much in eastenders,we have just found out ians daughter is living in a caravan and steven is getting her passport to go to paris. emmerdale.. eric has proposed to the barmaid lady. corrie..just had the fire at ashleys house baby found in park. hope this helps....:wubclub:

Guest *KAY TEE*
You can get eastenders corrie emmerdale' date=' vicar of dibley etc.... on foxtel. we are a bit behind here not so much in eastenders,we have just found out ians daughter is living in a caravan and steven is getting her passport to go to paris. emmerdale.. eric has proposed to the barmaid lady. corrie..just had the fire at ashleys house baby found in park. hope this helps....:wubclub:[/quote']

Ahh thanks smiley grandma's son, that really helps, I suppose when I get there I could pretend to be psycic...lol...:v_SPIN: Ang x p.s excuse the spelling I know psycic looks a bit dodgy or does it, cant figure it out, ..lol..

Anyone from Northeast planning on going to Brisbane:smile:

Yes we are planning on going anywhere form the gold coast to Brisbane to sunshine coast where ever the work is for my OH who is a carpenter. Wont be till next Sept/Oct if all goes to plan.

Were from stockton-on-tees.

Where you from if ya dont mind me asking and when you planning on going to oz?

Briggyxxx:))):wubclub:

• 1 month later...
Guest rachel1926
Hiya Ang

From Stockton on Tees originally but lived down South since 88, all my family still live up North and used to visit a lot.

Now living on the Gold Coast and loving it

Where are you from?

Sarahx

Hi

Nice to see someone from the north east me my husband and little boy are considering a move to brisbane is it lovely? my husband has been to brisbane before but I have not been myself do I need to go first to see it or just hop on a plane and go for it.

Rachel

Guest donovan

Hiya Rachel where in Billingham are you from?, my sister lives on Woviston Road on Warren farm.

My mum & dad used to live in New Road

Sarah x

Guest rachel1926
Hiya Rachel where in Billingham are you from?, my sister lives on Woviston Road on Warren farm.

My mum & dad used to live in New Road

Sarah x

Hi Sarah

I live at 10mins from wolviston road I live near the Stoney Oak Pub do you know it?

And how long have you been living in Oz which part do you live in, we are thinking about moving out there but how do you cope with leaving your family behine.:jiggy:

Guest rachel1926
Yes we are planning on going anywhere form the gold coast to Brisbane to sunshine coast where ever the work is for my OH who is a carpenter. Wont be till next Sept/Oct if all goes to plan.

Were from stockton-on-tees.

Where you from if ya dont mind me asking and when you planning on going to oz?

Briggyxxx:))):wubclub:

Hi Briggy

Nice to see someone else from the North East we are from Billingham just down the road from you and we are hopefully going to go to Brisbane next year.

Rachel

Guest donovan
Hi Sarah

I live at 10mins from wolviston road I live near the Stoney Oak Pub do you know it?

And how long have you been living in Oz which part do you live in, we are thinking about moving out there but how do you cope with leaving your family behine.:jiggy:

Yep know the Stoney Oak pub, not far from my sister, her kids go to St Micheal's School

just down the road from it.

It's hard for everyone to leave family and friends behind, but you just have to put yourself and your family first, I am sure you will have plenty of visitors when you move here.

Sarah x

Guest Bertie

Hiya Ang we are from Leeds and have been in Melbourne for 7 months now. I was worried about our 9 yr old as she said she didn't want to come she wanted to stay with her nan, and she has settled the best out of all of us. where abouts is OH working in CBD or out of town?

Hi Briggy

Nice to see someone else from the North East we are from Billingham just down the road from you and we are hopefully going to go to Brisbane next year.

Rachel

Well hello there Rachell nice to meet you:))):wubclub:

Your only a stones throw away from us. Yes if all goes to plan next sept oct we will be off, I just hope all goes to plan for us.

Have you been before to oz?

What work will you be looking for? Or have you a job to go to already for next year:)))

Good luck with everything I wish you well:)))

Briggy xxx:spinny:

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hiya Ang we are from Leeds and have been in Melbourne for 7 months now. I was worried about our 9 yr old as she said she didn't want to come she wanted to stay with her nan, and she has settled the best out of all of us. where abouts is OH working in CBD or out of town?

Hiya Bertie,

How are you finding Melbourne, we're hoping to be out there by christmas, or at the latest mid January. We are looking at a couple of areas, but to be perfectly honest it all depends where hubbys new company put us, but I do like the look of Altona, point cook, werribee etc oh yes and Berwick that looks nice too. Where abouts are you living, and are you glad you made the move. Its starting to get a little bit scary for me, but we're really excited too, if that makes sense, its a mixture of emotions. Like you Im really worried about my 8yr old hes really close to my parents, goes every weekend and I worry how he will settle, Iv tried to eplain tat we are going out there to live, but he hasn't got the gist o it yet, he still is looking at it like a holiday no matter what i say. :goofy: xx

Guest sandy25

Hi all, we're from Hartlepool. We're planning on going to Avoca Beach/Terrigal or Kiama (nsw). Applying for a 175, started beginning of july. Waiting for some news on visa, house sale etc. No news yet. Looking forward to the adventure. Great post.:smile:

Guest donovan
Hi Sarah

Got it completely wrong Rachel my sister lives Wynard road Warren Farm and her kids go to St Paul's. Sorry

Sarah x

Guest donovan
Hi all, we're from Hartlepool. We're planning on going to Avoca Beach/Terrigal or Kiama (nsw). Applying for a 175, started beginning of july. Waiting for some news on visa, house sale etc. No news yet. Looking forward to the adventure. Great post.:smile:

Hey Sandy I used to be a rep for a company on the Tofts Farm ind estate in Hartleepool, it was called Haani Cables

Sarah x

Archived