Advice on a region in WA

Guest scottish crew

Guest scottish crew

We have a few regions to choose from in WA to settle in .. Peel, South west and Goldfields/Esperance. Peel and Southwest seem to be calling us!!! I'm a painter and decorator and my wifes a hairdresser and would like to know where am i most likely to find work also 3 teenagers coming with us they need a social life [so im told]:twitcy: and 2 of them will be looking for work?

patiently [not] waiting for visas and house sale !

hoping to be there about dec/jan

We have a few regions to choose from in WA to settle in .. Peel, South west and Goldfields/Esperance. Peel and Southwest seem to be calling us!!! I'm a painter and decorator and my wifes a hairdresser and would like to know where am i most likely to find work also 3 teenagers coming with us they need a social life [so im told]:twitcy: and 2 of them will be looking for work?

patiently [not] waiting for visas and house sale !

hoping to be there about dec/jan

Hi

We are in the metro area North of river Somerly Goldfields and Esperance are quite a few kliks from Perth , looking at weather reports the south west sometimes is a bit stormy use google maps to look at the areas and their distances from other regions

Malx

Guest scottish crew
Hi

We are in the metro area North of river Somerly Goldfields and Esperance are quite a few kliks from Perth , looking at weather reports the south west sometimes is a bit stormy use google maps to look at the areas and their distances from other regions

Malx

Hi there!!

thanks for the info ! will look up google map still think peel region is calling us for some reason???

we are going to rent a place in perth [holiday let] and tour about for the first few weeks to see whats available but having a good idea where to go is useful lol [never been to oz before]

john and lorraine

Hi there!!

thanks for the info ! will look up google map still think peel region is calling us for some reason???

we are going to rent a place in perth [holiday let] and tour about for the first few weeks to see whats available but having a good idea where to go is useful lol [never been to oz before]

john and lorraine

We were the same never been best way I think if you are lookin at kalgoorlie ( goldfields ) its about 8 hours drive esperance is about 600 km one thing you learn when you get here how big the place is

Malx

Guest emi-great

Hi

The Peel region is the closest area to Perth, it is 8 hours drive to Kalgoorlie although its a reasonable place when you get there it is very much a bush town. Albany & Esperance are lovely places but again a good few hours drive from Perth... some of the main tourist areas so have facilities but again small country towns really. There are many small towns between Perth & Albany a lot of people seem to be moving to the Bunbury area & that town has grown enormously in the past few years. We visited a short time ago & found lots of new shops & facilities.

Mandurah is a good place to live & has everything you need again it has grown enormously recently & there are lots of shops etc. No shortage of jobs.

check places out on the following sites

www.emi-great.com

www.peeltour.net.au

www.mymandurah.com.au

www.mandurahwa.com.au

www.westaustralia.com.au

Hope all goes well for you

Eve

www.emi-great.com

Guest kelliemclauchlin

hi there we stay in baldivis and its great been in perth for just over a year i would go with the peel area baldivis is located between perth and mandurah perth only being 30 mins drive away and mandurah 15 mins away rockingham is only 10 mins away so everything is close to hand plus you have the new train line from mandurah to perth so pretty perfect i'd say good luck with your move :)

Guest scottish crew

hiya !

thanks for the info found it helped especially from folks who are there and living it. Did you have days of not knowing if it is the right thing to do ? We all seem to have days where we think this!!! We have been looking at holiday lets in the mandurrah area and use this as a base to explore the areas, did you do something similar?

john and lorraine

fed up in scotland!!

Guest kelliemclauchlin

was it the right thing do do??? hell yes ive just got back from a holiday back home in glasgow and i could,nt wait to come back dont get me wrong i love scotland and we miss all our family and friends (24 hour asda and tesco!!) but the way of life here is great our little boy whos 4 has settled great even he could'nt wait to get back we stayed in a holiday home in rockingham for the first 6 weeks till we moved to baldivis mandurah is lovely i;m sure you wont be disapoined if you use there as your first base good luck :)

Guest cityfan

hi...on a bit of a rollercoaster at the moment!!...not sure where to go qsld or wa...have a cousin in bussleton who has really sold the area to us!!...i am a nurse looking to come over with an agency...457 visa...they have just contacted me last night to tell me there is a hospital in mandurah they deal with...looked at the place land mandurah looks beautiful...we have 2 girls 10 and 12...i have seen a blog on the net about how poor the high school is there....don't suppose you know anything about that??.....ideally what i would like is to work in mandurah and live where there is a decent high school and primary...bit going on for the kids...cinema, close to a beach(dont mind a drive), shops....job for OH!!....would there be any areas you could recommend to us?....i would be so grateful for any advice and help....such a huge decision as you know!!...thanks for listening...mel

Archived