GCSE to Brisbane

Guest samsteve

Guest samsteve

Hi, we hope to move to Brisbane in the coming months but are concerned about our kids education. I believe schools are very good in Oz but my kids are now on the GCSE trail. I feel it would be better to get them through this and then move over for them to start the equivilant 'A'Levels this would mean splitting my family up for 6 months and travelling in 2's as they are an academic year apart. Can anyone tell me if they have moved between GCSE and 'A'level stage did the GCSE's get recognised and was it easy for continuation from UK to OZ study at this level.

Thanks for any info :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

Understand main issue is unsettling of children while studying GCSEs.

In Oz there is ease of transferring credits under the http://www.AQF.edu.au , plus alternative university/FE or Vocational pathways.

The big issue if you want to move them over with you is not the transferring of credits etc. but what outcomes do they want for their work career? From that you can work backwards looking at which education sector or pathway can get them there.

For more info see our links page on http://www.aiec.biz , or ask us questions and we can find you answers :)

Cheers,

Andrew Smith

Cert IV WPA, B. Bus. & M. Ed.

AIEC

• 1 month later...
Guest SuzieQ

Hi Andrew,

Our Son is doing his GCSEs here in the summer and we will then hopefully be moving across the pond! His chosen career path is performing arts with a view to going to Drama School at 18 or 19. Can you advise what his options would be at 16? Would he transfer into the HSC system. I have checked out some edu sites but it all gets rather confusing. As far as I can make out he could do P.Arts but would also have to do English as well as a few other subjects which he will not be too happy about.

Any help or advise you can offer is much appreciated. Ta very much.

Archived