Shippers - one to knock off my list

sadsmile23

Hi

Just to let you know, have decided on the one shipper I WONT be using. Sure this thread will be blocked asap by the mods but have to say that John Masons have really disappointed.

When they came out, really liked the guy, he reassured me that they would be able to fit all our stuff in a 20ft container (Crown & PSS subsequently disagreed), their quote came through very reasonable too.

However, this is where it all goes wrong - I had a couple of queries, specifically the fact that the written quote states clearly that services NOT included are customs clearance, AQUIS fee etc. I emailed the company last Monday 28th July, lady rang me back Tuesday 29th but I was out with the kids, so asked her to ring back at 2pm - no phone call.

Finally, yesterday, Tuesday 5th August, a whole week later, she phoned me back, saying "I've been trying all week to get hold of you". Right, already my hackles are rising coz that was a lie.

Queried the cost of the extras - "no, she reassured me that they are all included, other than the AQUIS fee. Right, Im thick then, coz Im looking at the quote now, and it says NOT included?

Then asked her about the 20ft - "no, when we came out to your house, we discussed with you the over-spill and you agreed with our guy that the 20ft would be filled and then we would prioritize any excess items!" Er, NO, thats definitely NOT what was said.

"Oh, I can assure you, our guy has been doing his job for 23 years and knows exactly what he is talking about"

Basically then, I must have misheard everything he told me and also, I can't read properly?!?:arghh:

Because of the delay in getting back to me and your snooty, stroppy attitude I can categorically state that you can stuff your quote where the sun don't shine.:yes:

What was the lady whom you spoke to job title? As long as she wasnt the Manager or the Director I wouldnt write them of to quickly, get in touch with her superiers and see what they have to say about it all. Put your complaint abt her in writing and then see if you are satisfied with the response. Unfortunately sometimes companies do not realise they have an unhelpful individual or a smart ar*e working for them but once they know they can then monitor the person.

Good luck and hope it all turns out well in the end

her surname was the same as the guy that came out for quote!! not sure what that says about them!

Emm not good !! Are they shippers themselves or do they sub-contract the work out?

good question - not totally sure, but if they are my first point of contact and thats the way they conduct business, then i dont care either way!!! they could send offer to send it in a Russian nuclear submarine for free and i STILL wouldnt use them now!!:realmad:

The reason I asked as that if they sub-contract the work then the chances are they may be the only people in the Company and no point in writing in, and as you say just go somewhere else. But if they are not then I think that the Company should know how their staff are behaving.

Good luck , who you going to go for now?

Archived