175 application times

Guest Sam31

Guest Sam31

Hey there everybody, i am new to this site but looking through it seems very helpful.

I have submitted an online offshore 175 application, trade assessment done, medical done, all documents uploaded.

Can anyone tell me how long it usually takes to be 1) allocated a case worker and 2) how long it usually takes for the visa to come through.

I really dont like playing the waiting game. Other than being a bit stressed from not being able to actually do anything about it all is well....

Any help/advise would be much appreciated

Thanks.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to PIO!

The answer to your question is this - "how long is a piece of string?" Really there is no definite answers here, each case is different - my visa is expected to be granted (according to my agent) anytime in the next 6-8 weeks. My application was submitted online in March, so thats 6mths. I know others who are still waiting from last year, though, so if you allow up to 12 months, I think thats a fair estimate.

Guest the mortons

hi there just to say we applied on-line 175 the same as you done meds police checks and that this was on 08/02/08 we are waiting and waiting and am bloody pissed off waiting fingers crossed for us all WAITING

susan x

Guest Col-and-Sara

Hi Sam,

We applied on-line 175 (non MODL) in Dec 07 and we front loaded Police checks and meds. We got our visas a few weeks ago. No case officer asking for info... we went straight to visa granted. In total our application took 7 months.

Colin

Guest littlesarah

It seems to vary from application to application. I applied in Jan this year, & have heard nothing. My job is on the MODL, but I don't really know if that makes much difference!

DIAC have a target of 12 months for offshore online 175 applications, according to their website, so I think it's best to assume that it will take that long. Best not to get meds & police checks done yet, as they have a validity period of a year.

Welcome to the 'waiting game'!

Guest the mortons
Hi Sam,

We applied on-line 175 (non MODL) in Dec 07 and we front loaded Police checks and meds. We got our visas a few weeks ago. No case officer asking for info... we went straight to visa granted. In total our application took 7 months.

Colin

wow col and sara that was fast your visa, hope we only wait 7 months

SNAP we are from liverpool too! childwall

susan x

Guest kevinboomer

hi,

check out our timeline on a 175 ind online visa.10 months !!!!!!! and still waiting!!! Agent e-mailed co again and they said 2/3 weeks today.

Be prepared for a long wait! Just forget about it for the first 6 months is my advice!

regards

Kev&Lisa

HI, We appointed a migration expert to help us a year last july(07) we sent our application over to Australia and our agent E LODGED OUR VISA ONLINE 28TH FEB 08, EVERYTHING DONE ALL PAPERWORK SENT OVER, and we too are awaiting a case officer, waiting ,waiting and getting stressed stressed stressed, it certanially is a waiting game, were hoping it wont be long now, fella's new employer in Australia wants him asap fingers crossed and good luck to you and everyone else who are WAITING!!!!!!!

Guest Col-and-Sara
wow col and sara that was fast your visa, hope we only wait 7 months

SNAP we are from liverpool too! childwall

susan x

We're in Otterspool... so not that far away from you.

I agree with Kev&Lisa... forget about the first 6 months unless you're on an MODL or a quicker visa. I wish I had... the wait is so frustrating!

Hi Guys

We applied for our visa 10th January and got it on 16th July, just over 6 months. We did not know we had a CO and only heard from them when via was granted.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in the time scales but if you look on www.beupdate.co.uk that gives a good indication of where the visa grants are up to.

Enjoy the waiting - I remember it well!!!

Guest Atiqur

Hi,

I lodged on 175 Online , Profession in MODL, SOL, dated 80/02/08.

Any Idea to allocate to Case Officer.

BR

Atiqur Rahman

Dhaka, Bangladesh

Archived