SIR visa or Business Visa - Pls help!

sunny side

Hi,

Though this is my very first post here I have been following the very useful posts on the forum for sometime now.

Our problem may sound a bit complex!!. My husband is the prime applicant and he has over 15 years experience is Sales & Marketing in Airline and travel field.

However, we are eligeable only for a SIR visa but we would like to go to Victoria for personal reasons. We understand that we can't apply to Victoria without a job offer. We see that most of the job sites require people with residency so we have not applied for any jobs.

We are now thinking about the possibility of starting a small business in Victoria. We don't own a business at the moment but we have the funds.

So we seek your expert advise on the visa type and some thoughts to solve this mystery!!!

Many thanks in advance

Take care

Mari

Guest ohippychick

you would be best off contacting a migration agent re this. There is a lot of differences between the two visas and the SIR visa is so new that people don't really know how it works. Even the schools here have no idea if they have to charge or not.

Archived