GP consultation fees....help!!!

Guest hearty

Guest hearty

I'm on 457 visa and have recently lodged my application for permanent visa(subclass 175). My medical has not been finalised as I have high blood pressure. I need to look for any GP to get my blood pressure check on 3 different occasions.

I would like to know what is the fee for having blood pressure checked in Geelong? Pls help...

Some doctors bulk bill so if you were covered by Medicare you would not have to pay, others charge a fee near us anything from $49.00 up to $65.00 depending on the doc. Once again if you were covered by medicare you would be refunded part of the fee.

Chemists sometimes take blood pressure.

We have our own blood pressure machine here as both of us have white coat sydrome and its the only way the doc gets a true reading for us.

Sorry don't know about Geelong, if you've not been to a GP at all (and they don't bulk bill) you may find you have to have an initial consultation anyway because you're a new patient. My GP in WA charges $57 for a 15 min appointment.... Once you're registered though, you may find the practice has a nurse and you won't have to pay for having your BP checked ... it's something to check out when you're ringing around

Ali

Guest hearty

thanks....I am not covered by medicare. I need to get a GP to check my BP 3 times on 3 different days...and the GP must send a report to the HSA for them to decide if I meet DIAC health requirement. I'll have to fork out about $150 at least...now I wonder if they charge me for the report too:nah:

Guest cmallon
thanks....I am not covered by medicare. I need to get a GP to check my BP 3 times on 3 different days...and the GP must send a report to the HSA for them to decide if I meet DIAC health requirement. I'll have to fork out about $150 at least...now I wonder if they charge me for the report too:nah:

Is it because you have to go regulary that you are not covered by medicare? we are on a 457 visa as well and have basically the same rights with medicare as permanent residents and citizens. I get charged $50 for a consultation at a private billing practice and I get about $33 dollars back through medicare. We are in Sunbury which is about an hour away from Geelong.

I have to agree with Claire ,even though i had heard and read on here sponsership visa's are void from Medicare ,this isnt the case,you dont get full coverage like you would on Pr but you still get medicare cards and a basic cover on most things,when /if you change onto a PR you just notify medicare and they will update your card and details on the system,hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest sheena

hi ya, thought i would put my 2 cents worth in as well!

we are here on a 457, got our Medicare cards, and today as my son has fractured 2 of his toes, we saw a doctor that bulk bills, then had to go to get his foot x-rayed again they bulk billed so didn't have to pay a penny!

sheena :wubclub:

Archived