medical question

Guest donovan

Guest donovan

HI I HAVE JUST HAS MY MEDICAL DONE AND THE XRAY HAS SHOWN UP THAT MY CARDIOTHORATIC RATE IS INCREASED WHICH I THINK MEANS THE HEART LOOKS LARGER THAN IT SHOULD BE (HOPE THE SPELLING IS OK) MY DOCTOR DOES NOT SEEM WORRIED ABOUT THIS AS AN XRAY CAN NOT REALLY DETERMIN THE CORRECT SIZE OF THE HEART .EVERYTHING ELSE IS OK- BUT DUE TO THIS SHE HAS HAD TO TICK BOX B- DOES THIS MEAN I WILL HAVE TO GO FURTHER TESTS?

SARAH

Guest donovan

sorry forgot to mention I had high blood pressure over Christmas (ok now)where the nurse done a ECG which was fine, she said if anything wrong with my heart it would show up on that, but not so sure it would show if my heart was large.

any info would be appreciated

sarah

Guest Josephine

Hi

I had the same with my xray, and I had a ECG, which was also high, which the doctor said was probably nerves and he took it a second time and it was normal. However, to be on the safe side the doc sent me for a echo-cardiograph (think it was called that). As it turned out DIMA requested further tests. This was normal and I received my visa not long after the results were sent to my case officer.

So don't panic it was really straight forward except for the cost.

Guest donovan

thanks Josephine I thaought I had posted a thanyou earlier but have just looked and cannot find it, anyway thanks for that you have made me feel a lot better

Take care

Sarah

Guest jacks22

Hi Josephine I was discovered to have a heart murmur on my medical so had to get an echocardiogram done which turned out to be ok. I got this faxed to the Dr who did our medicals and have still not heard anything. Our meds. were done at the beginning of November and I'm getting a bit worried. What further tests did DIMIA request and how did you go about getting them. Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks. Jacqui

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Josephine I was discovered to have a heart murmur on my medical so had to get an echocardiogram done which turned out to be ok. I got this faxed to the Dr who did our medicals and have still not heard anything. Our meds. were done at the beginning of November and I'm getting a bit worried. What further tests did DIMIA request and how did you go about getting them. Any advice you have would be appreciated. Thanks. Jacqui

Hi Jacqui

My elderly mother was asked to produce a geriatrician's report. We frontloaded her meds because she is now 86 and disabled following a serious back-injury 10 years ago. As a result of that, she now needs a zimmer-frame and a wheelchair to get around.

The Panel Doctor in Southampton said he thought Mum would be OK on the meds, because she is disabled but not ill, and now that we know that she has osteoporosis (brittle bone disease) which caused her to fracture her spine, we take every possible precaution to prevent further injury.

We also got Mum's own GP to read all the medical stuff first. He also said he thought Mum would be OK on the meds. Both he and the PD sid they were very surprised by the request for a geriatrician's report, because they both said they could see absolutely no clinical need to involve one.

Anyhow, a report was obtained and sent to the Perth Offshore Parents Centre as they had requested. They didn't even confirm safe receipt of it. My sister and I became worried about whether the report had reached the POPC, so she rang them to find out whether it had. The man she spoke with told her, "Well, we must have received it because the database shows that the MOC has confirmed that your mother has met the medical criteria for migration."

They do not actually confirm the medical OK unless you take the initiative in finding out, which is a pain. If you have applied for a skilled visa, the chances are that your meds are being handled by the LCU in Sydney. You can contact them by completing the on-line form. Supply chapter and verse about the application and they should be able to confirm the position.

Please see here:

http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/australia/processing-centres/lcu-sydney.htm

Have you checked with the Panel Doctor when he sent the report and how it was sent? It may help if you can pass that info on to the LCU.

I suspect that, like my Mum, you have been given the all-clear but nobody has bothered to tell you.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Josephine

Hi Jacqui

I had to wait around two weeks before I had a reply, which was confirmation of my visa. However, when DIMA requested the further medical evidence they did give me a time scale in which to repsond. I did not have to undergo any further tests.

My visa was issued the same day the time limit was up.

Archived