Relocation to nsw

Translate IN French: My family and I are moving from Melbourne to NSW.

I found a job near Chipping Norton and I would like some opinion on suburbs around that area.

It does not have to be within the proximity as I will be driving anyway.

I'm looking for a suburb with

.Good school

.Access to public transportation-train.

.Some life such as coffee shop, restaurants and shops and ideally a woolies or coles

.family friendly, we have 2 kids

.Safe

Thanks for your help!

Thank you for sharing.

I'm not looking to live in Chipping Norton, I will be working there.

I'm looking for suburbs around it that tick all my requirements if possible.

3 minutes ago, SlexSwe said:

I'm looking for suburbs around it that tick all my requirements if possible.

That website has reviews of all suburbs around Australia so it's a good place to start.

I'n not the best person to ask about that area of Sydney because I wouldn't live there if you paid me.  Absolutely stinking hot in summer, not great public transport (horribly congested trains).  The only thing going for it is the (somewhat) cheaper housing out that way.  

If you're going to be driving to work, then I'd look at suburbs along the M5 closer to the coast, e.g. Holsworthy, East Hills, Padstow.  Closer to get to the beaches to cool off, which you'll need if you're used to Melbourne weather.  Note that in Sydney it's important to be on one of the train lines as there are no trams and the buses aren't great. 

@SlexSwe, the main thing to watch out for in Sydney is house prices, as I assume you're already aware.   If you look at an equivalent house in an equivalent suburb, Sydney will be about 30% more expensive than Melbourne, no matter where you go.  That applies whether you're renting or buying.

I was told it would be the case.

My main concern is not knowing Sydney's suburbs and the place to avoid.

For example in Melbourne,  it is common knowledge to avoid the West , it is cheaper but a lot less safer, hence all new families tends to move toward the East.

Is there something similar in NSW? Or suburbs specific?

3 minutes ago, SlexSwe said:

My main concern is not knowing Sydney's suburbs and the place to avoid.

For example in Melbourne,  it is common knowledge to avoid the West , it is cheaper but a lot less safer, hence all new families tends to move toward the East.

Is there something similar in NSW? Or suburbs specific?

Sydney and Melbourne are similar in that the East is posh/snobbish, the Inner West is trendy, and parts of the Outer West are the Wild West.  

Personally I wouldn't say the East is safer than the West in Melbourne. It's much more complicated than that.  I live in Moonee Ponds and I'd much rather live here than Dandenong, for instance.  Sydney is the same.  The Homely website isn't a bad place to check things out.  Looking at crime rates can be misleading, as more prosperous suburbs can have a higher rate of burglary for instance (because the houses are more worth burgling). 

As I mentioned, the main problem with the Outer West is the climate, e.g. Penrith was the hottest place on Earth on one day in 2020!  It's often about 10 degrees hotter than Bondi Beach.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Personally I wouldn't say the East is safer than the West in Melbourne. 

The West has the ice.

The East has the coke.

And somewhere in between, the rest of us have soda...