Partner visa 309/100

Hi.

I'm about to put in an application for a 309/100 partner visa. Can anyone advise me on roughly how long it takes to get the temporary visa (309) and once I have it, what is the time limit to enter Australia to activate it, please?

Plus any other advice that maybe relevant, medical, police checks etc.

Thanks Steve

24 minutes ago, SteveT said:

I'm about to put in an application for a 309/100 partner visa. Can anyone advise me on roughly how long it takes to get the temporary visa (309) 

Hard to say as (a) it changes all the time and (b) it depends where you're applying from.  The timeframes quoted on the Immi website include people from high-risk countries which take forever due to the security checks needed.   Applications from the UK are usually at the shortest end.  Not that long ago, they were taking only three months or so -- but that could have changed. 

Once you get the visa, you have about a year to activate it.

Hi Steve, 

Applications can vary, I think a fully “decision ready” application you could expect wait times of 2-3 months when lodged offshore within the UK. My understanding is, from approval of the visa you have 1 year from the date of issue to activate the visa, this can be as simple as a holiday to Australia. You are then required to enter the country permanently within a 5 year period.

As for advice, I would highly recommend using a migration agent many of whom are on this forum. @Alan Collett

Good luck

• Like 1