Used cars Townsville area?

RubyMonday

I'm looking at used cars since I've seen Australia is also having the problem of long wait times when ordering new, currently 7-9 months in UK. I'm wondering if anyone recommends any places in the Townsville area. I'll need to get a car asap when I arrive to not waste money hiring one for an extended time. Also any recommendations on types of cars to get? I've been reccommended to go with Japanese, Korean or Australian makes. I'm used to driving a Toyota Yaris Cross and wouldn't mind a similar self charging hybrid or maybe just the regular Yaris. I'll be living in Charters Towers and work commute will only be max 5-10mins plus trips to Townsville and the local area. The roads are all sealed I think so assuming I don't need a 4/AWD. 

I don’t know of any car dealers in T’ville or Charters, but the distance between the two is a 1.5 hour trip. The road is generally good to excellent with a few downhill curves…And a great number of ’lead feet’ drivers!
In my day, several years ago, CH used to be called “The World” by the locals and it had the first stock exchange in Australia.

cheers, Bobj.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bobj said:

Just had a squiz at T’ville used cars and there are quite a few on the Ingham Road, maybe Wheelz and Wheelz would be ok, seeing they have a 5 star rating.

Cheers, Bobj.

I’ve been looking and it’s annoying that to get a quality used car isn’t that much less than a new car. I don't want to pay $20,000 for a 5yo car when I can get a new one for $30,000 but my budget is closer to the $20,000. Also do you happen to know if I need a permanent address to transfer my UK license to? I’ll be in probably motel accommodation provided by the employer for the first 3 months but I’m assuming I can’t get my license registered to there?