Sponsored IT Infrastructure Roles

Hi All, 

Apologies if this has been covered off before, we're looking to move to Oz and it seems that I would need to go down the sponsored 482 visa route. Does anyone know of any good agencies/websites that I could contact to get the ball rolling on looking for these types of roles? 

Thanks in advance. 

On 22/02/2024 at 18:39, Streetyx3 said:

Hi All, 

Apologies if this has been covered off before, we're looking to move to Oz and it seems that I would need to go down the sponsored 482 visa route.

Seek.com.au will give you all the roles that are advertised in Australia.   Of course, not all roles are advertised, but you can look at which recruitment agencies are in that field, and try contacting them direct. 

LinkedIn is a good place to try making connections.

I hope you're aware that the 482 will only give you an adventure in Australia for a few years.  If your qualifications and experience don't make you eligible to apply for a permanent visa from the UK, there is no additional pathway that opens up once you're in Australia.

On 24/02/2024 at 07:26, Marisawright said:

Seek.com.au will give you all the roles that are advertised in Australia.   Of course, not all roles are advertised, but you can look at which recruitment agencies are in that field, and try contacting them direct. 

LinkedIn is a good place to try making connections.

I hope you're aware that the 482 will only give you an adventure in Australia for a few years.  If your qualifications and experience don't make you eligible to apply for a permanent visa from the UK, there is no additional pathway that opens up once you're in Australia.

Hi, thanks for the advice. However it does seem that the 482 pathway to PR is now an option: 

https://ethosmigration.com.au/tss-482-visa-permanent-residency-pathway-confirmed/#:~:text=This means that all TSS,a pathway to permanent residency.

5 hours ago, Streetyx3 said:

Hi, thanks for the advice. However it does seem that the 482 pathway to PR is now an option: 

https://ethosmigration.com.au/tss-482-visa-permanent-residency-pathway-confirmed/#:~:text=This means that all TSS,a pathway to permanent residency.

I think you're misunderstanding.  Yes, there is a pathway from the 482 to permanent residency, BUT you still need to be eligible for permanent residency under the usual rules. So I'd check that if I were you.

If you want to deal with the recruiters for sponsored roles over here, honestly, the best thing you could probably do is head over for a few weeks and speak to them face to face.

Now, as long as you enter for valid tourist reasons, you shouldn't have any problem having coffee and cake while chatting with people who are recruiters, as long as your primary intent on coming here isn't to look for work.

There are, of course, folk who land roles before they get to Australia (I was one myself); however, with the market softening up a bit, there are also a ridiculous number of people who will apply for roles who are offshore, don't have a visa, and have never visited Australia.  As someone who's recruited more than a few engineers in the last few years, I can tell you that those folk are the first CVs I filter out.

This isn't meant to put you off in the slightest - just offering a candid view on the lay of the land.

One little caveat that (hopefully) won't apply to IT roles, of course, is that occupations can be (and are) removed from the skills list over time.  So just be aware that it's not impossible (even if unlikely) that your occupation is removed from the list before you accrue the points required to apply for a permanent residence visa.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BendigoBoy said:

If you want to deal with the recruiters for sponsored roles over here, honestly, the best thing you could probably do is head over for a few weeks and speak to them face to face.

Now, as long as you enter for valid tourist reasons, you shouldn't have any problem having coffee and cake while chatting with people who are recruiters, as long as your primary intent on coming here isn't to look for work.

There are, of course, folk who land roles before they get to Australia (I was one myself); however, with the market softening up a bit, there are also a ridiculous number of people who will apply for roles who are offshore, don't have a visa, and have never visited Australia.  As someone who's recruited more than a few engineers in the last few years, I can tell you that those folk are the first CVs I filter out.

This isn't meant to put you off in the slightest - just offering a candid view on the lay of the land.

One little caveat that (hopefully) won't apply to IT roles, of course, is that occupations can be (and are) removed from the skills list over time.  So just be aware that it's not impossible (even if unlikely) that your occupation is removed from the list before you accrue the points required to apply for a permanent residence visa.

Ah ok thanks for the information, I have visited Australia before, but not to work unfortunately. We did have the conversation about potentially myself coming over for a short period to have a look around and chat. 

Sounds like its going to be tough. But I really want the move. 

10 minutes ago, Streetyx3 said:

Ah ok thanks for the information, I have visited Australia before, but not to work unfortunately. We did have the conversation about potentially myself coming over for a short period to have a look around and chat. 

Sounds like its going to be tough. But I really want the move. 

Then don't be put off, pal!

Good luck to you. And if you're keen on Melbourne, feel free to drop me a private message. Happy to point you in the direction of the recruiters I use for free food and drink... sorry, job hunting.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Streetyx3 said:

From what we've been told from various agencies, this would allow us to gain the points required over the 2 years to then gain PR. So yes, I know that, thanks. 

Ah, that makes sense. If you're sure that you meet all the current criteria for a 189 visa and you're just short of points, then getting the 482 is one way to get those extra points.  

How many points do you have currently?   As Bendigoboy says, delaying your PR application is always a risk, because rules change all the time.  We've had plenty of members who've taken a 482 and then found, by the time they're eligible to apply for PR, their occupation is no longer eligible (or their employer isn't willing to put them forward).    So I'd be checking that there's no other way to get your points up - have you done the English test, for instance?  

• Like 1