186 Full time

Daffyduck

Hi,

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with. My wife was the main applicant for a 186 skilled PR Visa. She was looking to make a small reduction in her working hours to spend more time with the kids. She's been told by her employer that working FT is a condition of her visa. I'm not really sure where this comes from, does anyone have any experience of this?

I just found this for you - 

What are the employer obligations for 186 visa?
Employer/Sponsor Requirements

Offer the visa applicant a skilled position in the applicant's occupation that is full-time and ongoing for a minimum period of two years. Pay the visa applicant a market salary rate, which must be no less than A$70,000 base. Comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Daffyduck said:

Hi,

Quick question I'm hoping someone can help me with. My wife was the main applicant for a 186 skilled PR Visa. She was looking to make a small reduction in her working hours to spend more time with the kids. She's been told by her employer that working FT is a condition of her visa. I'm not really sure where this comes from, does anyone have any experience of this?

Full-time for the first two years only.   It's understandable they want to insist on that, considering the amount of time and money they invested in getting her the visa.