Nurse revalidation

xlornax

Hi, I need help to revalidate with the nmc again and keep my UK registration, I’ve worked in aus so long now that I don’t know any uk nurses and aus nurses don’t get what I’m on about, anyone want to help me out and I will of course give you my details too. I’m in the uk at the moment temporarily caring for sick parents fyi

11 hours ago, xlornax said:

Or does anyone know of any revalidation services that I can pay someone to be my confirmer? Thanks 

Have you seen the list here on the NMC website? Might help a bit. DO you not work with any UK trained nurses?  https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/revalidation/list-of-confirmers-revalidation.pdf

Edited by Nemesis

12 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Have you seen the list here on the NMC website? Might help a bit. DO you not work with any UK trained nurses?  https://www.nmc.org.uk/globalassets/sitedocuments/revalidation/list-of-confirmers-revalidation.pdf

Thanks, I understand all the process, I just don’t know any Uk nurses who still have a PIN number needed for the form,

3 hours ago, xlornax said:

Thanks, I understand all the process, I just don’t know any Uk nurses who still have a PIN number needed for the form,

I was hoping maybe one of the related categories on that link would work for you if you don't know any nurses. I've just been helping a friend track down info for his revalidation and I asked about paid revalidation services, but he didn't seem to think its very likely. 

1 hour ago, Nemesis said:

I was hoping maybe one of the related categories on that link would work for you if you don't know any nurses. I've just been helping a friend track down info for his revalidation and I asked about paid revalidation services, but he didn't seem to think its very likely. 

That’s a shame, there seems to be a money making scheme made out of everything, thought this may have been the same! Thanks anyway 

3 hours ago, xlornax said:

That’s a shame, there seems to be a money making scheme made out of everything, thought this may have been the same! Thanks anyway 

When we talked about it, we reckon that the NMC probably wouldn't be too happy about it! They seem to want all the t's crossed and I's dotted in detail; a friend of his was randomly selected for extra verification recently, took over 3 hours to fill in the online list of courses, and they are now waiting to see how much of the reflective stuff they will need to send in. Plus the confirmer is likely to be contacted by the NMC, and goodness knows how much paperwork that'll generate!

Wish I could offer more help; only thing I can think of now is to maybe contact the wards where you used to work and see if there is anyone there willing to help. 

2 hours ago, Nemesis said:

When we talked about it, we reckon that the NMC probably wouldn't be too happy about it! They seem to want all the t's crossed and I's dotted in detail; a friend of his was randomly selected for extra verification recently, took over 3 hours to fill in the online list of courses, and they are now waiting to see how much of the reflective stuff they will need to send in. Plus the confirmer is likely to be contacted by the NMC, and goodness knows how much paperwork that'll generate!

Wish I could offer more help; only thing I can think of now is to maybe contact the wards where you used to work and see if there is anyone there willing to help. 

I just thought that a service might offer professional reflection sessions and check your paperwork but yeah might be an nmc type restriction, thank you anyway I will have to keep looking and probably contact some blasts from the past!

6 hours ago, xlornax said:

I just thought that a service might offer professional reflection sessions and check your paperwork but yeah might be an nmc type restriction, thank you anyway I will have to keep looking and probably contact some blasts from the past!

I reckon that might be the way to go. Good luck!

Just an update in case anyone else interested, I managed to find a company that is set up by nurses for nurses and complies with all the NMC criteria and will do reflections and confirmations for nurses so they can revalidate, by the time I found this I had already tracked down an old colleague to help me but it may be useful to other people, costs £60 - ACI training and consultancy Ltd, I haven’t used them but found them through emailing a few services when I was looking for help.

• Like 2