EOI & Visa Points

Nige106

3 hours ago, Cheery Thistle said:

I do wish you would stop saying that to people. I may be an exception, but everything has happened super quickly for me on 65 points...... This bottom-of-the-piler succeeded, and quickly! 

Very glad to hear it, but the fact remains that 65 is still the bottom of the pile, so if there are people with the same skills AND higher points, the 65-pointer will miss out.  

The OP could take the English test to bump up his points score but seems to think he'd rather save money on that, and just go with what he's got.  I don't think that's the wisest strategy, that's all.

• Like 1

On 26/06/2023 at 12:27, Nige106 said:

On 24/06/2023 at 13:57, Loopyxx said:

I am born and bred UK, but I’ll be doing the English test on Saturday in Manchester, I’m aiming for Superior English to maximize my points.

It’s a competition for the visa against thousands of others.  Why waste all that time, effort and money if you don’t get your visa when an English test may have helped you achieve it.  Put your best foot forward and do your test 👍🏻👍🏻

Hopefully it went well? How did you find it?

Apologies for the late reply, just received my results today, I got above 88 in every area, such a relief 👍🏻😎👍🏻

I would recommend the PTE English test and use the Alpha PTE app to prepare for it 👍🏻👍🏻

good luck 🤞👍🏻🤞