Melbourne - a good point

buckbuchanan

Now.... i'm a bit worried that my reputation as a moaner is going to be spoiled by my recent posts, but here goes....

Today we drove to Lake Mountain Ski Resort ( Lake Mountain Resort - Lake Mountain Alpine Resort, snow, snow play, snow report, cross country skiing, tobogganing, sightseeing, Marysville, Melbourne, family, fun, winter, ski's, ski shop ). From leaving home, in just over 2 hours we were out with our sledges in some deep snow. The kids also made a snow man.

I have to say it is a massive bonus having this on our doorstep. Even if the snow season doesn't last long it's better than nothing.

Guest earlswood
Now.... i'm a bit worried that my reputation as a moaner is going to be spoiled by my recent posts, but here goes....

Today we drove to Lake Mountain Ski Resort ( Lake Mountain Resort - Lake Mountain Alpine Resort, snow, snow play, snow report, cross country skiing, tobogganing, sightseeing, Marysville, Melbourne, family, fun, winter, ski's, ski shop ). From leaving home, in just over 2 hours we were out with our sledges in some deep snow. The kids also made a snow man.

I have to say it is a massive bonus having this on our doorstep. Even if the snow season doesn't last long it's better than nothing.

If a bit of snow cheers you up :unsure:

Admit it...you hate it over here.:twitcy:

Guest moonraker1961

My son is a ski/snow board instructor,has worked threadbo etc,also worked at Whistler (Canada)Has just applied for a british passport to work in Europe.Can't wait to see him!!!!!

Guest earlswood
I'm sitting on the fence. You aint going to get me to admit to loving or hating the place!!

But let's face it.... there is nobody on this earth that doesn't love snow... surely!

Canadians hate the messy stuff.

Guest The Pom Queen

What are the roads like going up there, we have been here 4 years now and have still to visit the ski resorts. I have a phobia about driving in the snow or on ice, down to the fact I have had 2 serious car accidents on black ice in the UK:sad:

If there was some kind of bus service that took you from the bottom to the top then I would be there in a flash. The kids keep begging me to take them and I am starting to feel like a spoil sport.

When we were there the roads were fine. They were just a bit wet at the top. Before you go check the website and it will tell you the road conditions. If the roads are bad you are required to fit snow chains. You can hire these in Marysville (the last town before the resort) for $20. If you have these on you won't have any problems. As long as you take it easy you won't have any problems. There are so many cars going up and down that bit of road. It's well worth a visit!

Hi Buck

Great to hear that you that you are finally settling in and begining to enjoy what Melbourne has to offer!!

Good luck to you all

Deb xx

Hey thats great to know, didnt know there was somewhere like that where you could go. My eldest son loves snowboarding , I will definately take a holiay to that place.

Hope your settling in better now.

Be happy x

Guest The Pom Queen
When we were there the roads were fine. They were just a bit wet at the top. Before you go check the website and it will tell you the road conditions. If the roads are bad you are required to fit snow chains. You can hire these in Marysville (the last town before the resort) for $20. If you have these on you won't have any problems. As long as you take it easy you won't have any problems. There are so many cars going up and down that bit of road. It's well worth a visit!

Thanks for that I may give it a go:biglaugh:

Archived