HGV Job Wanted

Guest dominicanderson

Guest dominicanderson

Im still stuck in blighty and need help or advice on how to work in Australia. I was to be a HGV driver. Drive road trains or any other type of long distance driving job. Does anyone know any companies or anything who can help. Where I can get sponsors. Do I need to get job first, of visa first. Any help at all would be much appreciated.

Are you sure????

Doing long distance work means you will spend a fair amount of time away from home, long hours and you will more than likely be taking drugs just to stay awake!

Good long distance companies are hard to find you will be working bent trying to avoid the RTA and police.

That all said one of the best companies to work for are Road Master, great pay great trucks They are based in Sydney but have depots in Brisbane and Melbourne. The largest trucks they have are B Doubles (2 trailers) if your looking for Road Trains you need to look in SA WA or the NT.

I'm sure Gollywobbler started a thread about truck drivers in Australia and what you need to do Im sure if you PM'ed her Gil will be more than happy to help you out.

If your after info on training have a look on the DECCA web site

Hope this helps

Geoffrey

Guest stubby

Hi, sorry to say this but you will not get a sponsor.

My hubby tried all sorts to go over as a HGV driver and a freind of ours spent and wasted thousands of pounds all to be told No. The unions opposed 457 visa holders go over (sponsors).

We are now going over as hubby is also a mechanic and was fortunate to find a sponsor. You honestly wouldn't go over as a hgv driver, many of us would have done if there was even the remotest chance.

Sorry to P*** on you're chips!

Hope you able to find another way. Good luck.

Archived