457 Progress times

manxste

Hi all,

Just been checking the progress of my 457, it says:

Lodged 15/07/80

Processing 15/07/08

Processing Further 17/07/08

it also states that the meds are still outstanding, we had these done 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any ideas how long it takes for the med docs to reach immigration?

Anyone have any ideas as to how long it will take once the meds are received?

Sounds daft asking these questions as how long ia piece of string, but any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

Ste

Guest The Stevenses

Ours took 6 weeks 3 days from date of application to the visa email coming through.

Don't know if this helps or not. We had our medicals etc about halfway through the application time.

Jo

I hope it doesn't take too long! I started the process yesterday (Absolute Immigration are doing it for me), although I've still got to fill in some of the forms myself. I've got a chest x-ray booked for Monday, and then I guess it's a waiting game.

Am still hopeful of flying out at the end of September and starting my new job in early October, so fingers crossed that the process is relatively quick and painless :smile:

Zagg,

Meds are quick and easy, I had to do all the forms myself (going thru KPMG) had a few issues with the kids birth certs not being the full versions but I think it helps that it all gets checked before it goes to Immigration, saves any further waiting.

I too am looking to get out in September to start my new job - fingers crossed !!

Ste

Ours took 5 weeks from lodging application.

We had an agent doing ours. We lodged the main application, then they requested x-rays. Had them done, they got sent and a week later we got visa confirmation.

Once you get this you send your passport to Australian Commission in London and they put a nice sticker in that says you can stay for 4 years!!!

Guest The Stevenses
Ours took 5 weeks from lodging application.

We had an agent doing ours. We lodged the main application, then they requested x-rays. Had them done, they got sent and a week later we got visa confirmation.

Once you get this you send your passport to Australian Commission in London and they put a nice sticker in that says you can stay for 4 years!!!

We didn't have to go to London (we thought we would have to) but we came in using a print off of the visa confirmation and then took our visa copy and passports to the office in Syndey and they put the stickers in.

Jo

Zagg,

Meds are quick and easy, I had to do all the forms myself (going thru KPMG) had a few issues with the kids birth certs not being the full versions but I think it helps that it all gets checked before it goes to Immigration, saves any further waiting.

I too am looking to get out in September to start my new job - fingers crossed !!

Ste

Have you booked your flights already? I'm confident that the process will run smoothly, but am not sure if I should take that step yet...

The agents only requested that I get an x-ray done, so I'm not sure if I need the full medical.

No, flights are'nt booked yet, just waiting to get the go ahead on the visa then the flights can get booked. I was requested to a medical not sure if its cos I have high blood pressure or whether it was done as a matter of course. It only took 2hrs for the 5 of us to get sorted. £700 quid lighter too!

What line of work are you in ?

Ste

Guest melba
Hi all,

Just been checking the progress of my 457, it says:

Lodged 15/07/80

Processing 15/07/08

Processing Further 17/07/08

it also states that the meds are still outstanding, we had these done 2 weeks ago.

Does anyone have any ideas how long it takes for the med docs to reach immigration?

Anyone have any ideas as to how long it will take once the meds are received?

Sounds daft asking these questions as how long ia piece of string, but any ideas would be helpful.

Cheers

Ste

Mine & my partners 457 took just under 4 weeks from application to approval, we only had xrays as we didn't need a full medical but the xrays took a couple of weeks to get over there (the hospital sent them on about a week after we'd had them done- not the greatest service when you consider what we paid to have them done!) & then we were approved pretty much as soon as they arrived.

I know Wallace applied for a 457 just before us & it took 5 weeks from application to approval so fingers crossed yours will be quite quick too!

Good luck x

No, flights are'nt booked yet, just waiting to get the go ahead on the visa then the flights can get booked. I was requested to a medical not sure if its cos I have high blood pressure or whether it was done as a matter of course. It only took 2hrs for the 5 of us to get sorted. £700 quid lighter too!

What line of work are you in ?

Ste

I work in publishing. I think it's £60 to get the x-ray done. I'll request they send it on asap!

Mine & my partners 457 took just under 4 weeks from application to approval, we only had xrays as we didn't need a full medical but the xrays took a couple of weeks to get over there (the hospital sent them on about a week after we'd had them done- not the greatest service when you consider what we paid to have them done!) & then we were approved pretty much as soon as they arrived.

I know Wallace applied for a 457 just before us & it took 5 weeks from application to approval so fingers crossed yours will be quite quick too!

Good luck x

I know what you mean with the cost of the meds ours was just under £700!!!!

I really hope ours will run as smoothly as yours as can't wait to go !!!

Thanks

Ste

I work in publishing. I think it's £60 to get the x-ray done. I'll request they send it on asap!

Excellent.:spinny: They will charge you for the courier service too !!! ABout 15 quid I think

Best of luck

Ste

Guest stephi

Hi

Our turnaround time was very quick in receiving our visas (457), the application was lodged mid-February and my hubby left the UK mid-May, we too didn't go into London to get our visas put into the passport we had a timeframe of four weeks to get our visa evidenced in Perth Hope this helps. Good luck

Guest melba
I know what you mean with the cost of the meds ours was just under £700!!!!

I really hope ours will run as smoothly as yours as can't wait to go !!!

Thanks

Ste

£700 Ouch!!

We only needed the xrays, think it depends on the job you're going to do whether you need a full medical. For us both to have xrays it cost £182 & I thought that was bad enough!

Guest West Sussex Si

Our x-rays were £90 each with £5 for postage.

It took 2 months from job interview to getting the visas, all done with Fragomen and they were very on the ball!

Good luck peeps!

£700 Ouch!!

We only needed the xrays, think it depends on the job you're going to do whether you need a full medical. For us both to have xrays it cost £182 & I thought that was bad enough!

That was for myself and 3 kids to have medicals, and myself, wife and eldest daughter for x-rays plus 50 quid for the courier.

Ste

Guest melba
Logged on to the immgration this morning and checked on the visa.......APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! Good luck with it all - told you it might not take long!! :cute:

Nice one Ste!

I hope the process goes as quickly for me as it has for you :smile:

I hope you have many happy years down under :v_SPIN:

Archived