Documents for RRV character test (applying in Australia)

kmrg

Hi 

Hoping someone can assist with this query.

I am just in the process of applying for RRV for myself and husband as we are travelling outside of Australia for a holiday in August. We have been in Australia for 5 years, and have only left once for a 2 week holiday in 2019. 

I completed the application for myself and it just requested proof of change of name - marriage certificate.

For my husbands application it is asking for documents to be attached related to "character" options are court documents, Police check overseas, Police check Australia, Statement of Events, Statutory declaration. Does anyone have experience of this and how many of these documents are needed? The advice / information is just general for any visa application nothing specific to RRV. Obviously when we applied for our original visa we provided all details of my husbands only criminal offence which is over 25 years old and there have been no further offences committed since then. Do we need to request a new Police check from UK and Australia to submit, hoping not?

Many Thanks

I thought that if you satisfy the residence requirement for the 155 you don't usually need to provide any documentation, and the visa is normally granted on the same day that you apply?

All the online documentation says under "Character documents" is "We will tell you if and when you need to get a police certificate", so I don't think you need to upload anything until they ask you to.  Won't they have done the character checks when granting PR in the first place?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/resident-return-visa-155-157#HowTo

11 hours ago, GrandpaGrumble said:

I thought that if you satisfy the residence requirement for the 155 you don't usually need to provide any documentation, and the visa is normally granted on the same day that you apply?

All the online documentation says under "Character documents" is "We will tell you if and when you need to get a police certificate", so I don't think you need to upload anything until they ask you to.  Won't they have done the character checks when granting PR in the first place?

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/resident-return-visa-155-157#HowTo

Yes that is what I thought. However when you go through to submit the visa it asks you to attach documents and then a drop down menu had options to attach as I mention above. It said you can submit with no documents but you are at risk of it not being accepted?

Bit confused but think we will do a Stat dec stating has committed no further offences, then submit and hope for the best. 

21 hours ago, kmrg said:

Bit confused but think we will do a Stat dec stating has committed no further offences, then submit and hope for the best.

As a general comment, as I don’t know the specifics of your circumstances, I’d also provide an AFP clearance … they are cheap and quick to obtain as they are now digital. 

• Like 1