mature student moving to townsvile

Guest jason and allie

Guest jason and allie

Hi, i've been reading this forum for a month or so so thought it was about time I posted a hello!

After a few trips to Oz we decided to look at a permenant move. Trouble was neither me nor the wife had any relevant skills, so after a lot of research i discovered the only route to PR for us was for me to go back to uni in Oz at the grand old age of 39(!) to hopefully secure an 881 visa after my course (allies sister lives in Alice Springs). Trouble was I only had 1 (poor) A level and was *****ing myself that I wouldn't be accepted. Anyway to cut a long story short and stop waffling...

Just before christmas I recieved an email stating I had been accepted to JCU in Townsville to study a degree in environmental science in 2008 after which I am hoping to get a job as a national park ranger. If anyone has any information/advice about JCU/Townsville or ranger/parks and wildlife work I would be really grateful. Also allie is very nevous and the doubts, worries etc are already creeping in so if anyone that can give her any encouragement that would be great. This whole process is going to cost a fortune but i really believe it will be a great adventure and (hopefully) give us the lifestyle and future we dream of. Jason.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jason and allie

Thanks, I'll check those links out.

Anyone else have any info on JCA and/or carreers with EPA/Parks and Wildlife?

Jason

Archived