Importing Frenchie to Oz

Chris Pearson

Hi, 

Myself and my family are immigrating to Melbourne in June and want to take our 6 year old French Bulldog. He had his rabies vaccine in November and passed the blood test. The issue we're having is we can't get him over as Qantas have suspended pet freight from the UK albeit I was told this will be resuming again June/ July but nobody seems to want to give me it in writing. I've tried speaking to Qantas freight London office but they don't answer the phone and haven't responded to any emails which is frustrating as we need an answer. 

The only other option would be to use Emirates but they only fly that route Oct - Apr. 

Does anyone work for Qantas who can let me know if they're resuming pet freight from the UK and if so when?

Edited by Chris Pearson

Bob at Pet air answers many inquiries on shipping pets, many of our members have used the company to transport animals here. That being said you may struggle getting anyone to fly a Bulldog, its not recommended to fly snub nose breeds hence lots of airlines wont do it.  

I would call or email Pet air for their advice and go from there.

Lots of luck with everything

Cal x

Hi Cal,

We had his nasal passage widened and pallet shortened about 3 weeks ago so he should be good for the flight, we also had him neutered as well. 

The company we are using is called Air pets who are based in the UK but I'll welcome advise from Bob.

Thanks 

Chris 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris Pearson said:

Hi Cal,

We had his nasal passage widened and pallet shortened about 3 weeks ago so he should be good for the flight, we also had him neutered as well. 

The company we are using is called Air pets who are based in the UK but I'll welcome advise from Bob.

Thanks 

Chris 

Can Air pets not tell you, if you are paying them to transport your furbaby ? What airline did they say they use/ quote for and what route do they take? 

I have tagged Bob, so hopefully he may have some advice for you  @BobPetairUK

Cal x

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, calNgary said:

Can Air pets not tell you, if you are paying them to transport your furbaby ? What airline did they say they use/ quote for and what route do they take? 

I have tagged Bob, so hopefully he may have some advice for you  @BobPetairUK

Cal x

They have only advised that Qantas have temporarily suspended the service however I've been in contact with Qantas myself and been told they should resume the service in June/July.

It was a bad line when I called so I was told to email them however I sent the email six days ago and haven't had a reply and when I call they don't answer. 

Seems like a lot of pet couriers are waiting for an update from Qantas which I can understand but I'll persevere and hopefully get a concrete answer asap as we don't want to leave him behind.

Chris

• Like 1

Hi Chris

Exactly that, we are all waiting for Qantas to start this route again. There are lots of snub nosed dogs unable to travel right now.

I think it is a case of wait and see. And keep in touch with your pet shipper as well.

Hopefully Qantas will be back helping us out soon

Bob

• Like 1