Processing time after s57

Hi all, me and my wife applied for a 189 visa August 2021. Covid delayed our health checks, which were done end of Jan 2022. Received an s57 natural justice letter early Feb saying that there were allegations against me (made by an ex). The allegations were of 2 different sorts of criminal activity in the UK. I submitted a clear UK police check with the application, and have previously submitted another one 2 years ago when applying for a skilled temporary visa.

Me and my wife wrote separate statements refuting the allegations, and explaining that this is all coming from a disgruntled ex with no evidence to back up her claims.

I'm wondering if anyone has any experience or advice about how long it usually takes to get a final decision after such an event. We have applied from Sydney. I'm an intensive care doctor, and my wife is a teacher.

Thanks in advance

15 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Response times after any RFI vary widely, even for simple requests. Anything character related is generally slow.  Did you get professional help to respond to the request?

Nope just replied ourselves. There really is nothing to the allegations. She seems to have written in to them in the hope to make my life difficult. She claims charges and an ongoing civil case, which simply aren't true. When you say slow, how long do you mean?

Surely the simplest way to deal with this is to start legal proceedings against the ex for defamation and provide the documentation relating to that to immigration

This would categorically demonstrate that you are refuting the allegation as you'd be a fool to start proceedings if you couldn't prove she was lying

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ausvisitor said:

Surely the simplest way to deal with this is to start legal proceedings against the ex for defamation and provide the documentation relating to that to immigration

This would categorically demonstrate that you are refuting the allegation as you'd be a fool to start proceedings if you couldn't prove she was lying

I mean that's quite an undertaking. To start legal proceedings in the UK from here in Aus with very little to go... immigration here don't tell you where the allegations came from, or what if any evidence the other party has provided. The letter read a little like 'we have this info, which we have to take seriously, so here's your chance to respond'. As usual the issue with these things is that they're so vague, and don't offer anything more than that.

• 3 months later...