*****life in nsw******

Guest kkris.san

Guest kkris.san

hello friends.....

this is krish again...from india... i will be shortly moving to NSW along with my hubby dear!! we will be comin there on "PR" i.e we have got our state sponsorship from NSW... hence we will be there on VISA SUBCLASS 176...

According to u guys which would be a reasonable place to start our life with in NSW? we know living in SYDNEY could get a little expensive to start off with!! hence, we dont mind living in the suburbs...

* how are the job prospects in NSW? i mean is it easy to find jobs.... say... like in "call centres" or super markets or any front office type of work?? infact even working in MC donalds or pizza restaurants is fine with us!!!

* what is the minimum salary one could earn working fulltime?? per/hour wage??

* what is the rent usually for a Furnished 1 BHK FLAT?

* HOW ARE THE TRANSPORT FACILITIES FROM SUBURBS TO THE CITY?

what could the monthly expense come up for a couple approximately? including (rent+food+travelling) just a rough idea about that?!!

please guys do help me with my doubts

awaiting ur prompt replies

warm regards

krish n san!!

:chatterbox:

Guest sheena

hi again guys, you could try sending "jaynie" a private message, she is in nsw and has been there for about 15 years now so could help you with your questions!

sheena x

Guest Dave53
hello friends.....

this is krish again...from india... i will be shortly moving to NSW along with my hubby dear!! we will be comin there on "PR" i.e we have got our state sponsorship from NSW... hence we will be there on VISA SUBCLASS 176...

According to u guys which would be a reasonable place to start our life with in NSW? we know living in SYDNEY could get a little expensive to start off with!! hence, we dont mind living in the suburbs...

* how are the job prospects in NSW? i mean is it easy to find jobs.... say... like in "call centres" or super markets or any front office type of work?? infact even working in MC donalds or pizza restaurants is fine with us!!!

* what is the minimum salary one could earn working fulltime?? per/hour wage??

* what is the rent usually for a Furnished 1 BHK FLAT?

* HOW ARE THE TRANSPORT FACILITIES FROM SUBURBS TO THE CITY?

what could the monthly expense come up for a couple approximately? including (rent+food+travelling) just a rough idea about that?!!

please guys do help me with my doubts

awaiting ur prompt replies

warm regards

krish n san!!

:chatterbox:

Wow a few questions to ponder here ... I'll try and answer as truthfully as I can .

Job prospects ... You seem to be prepared to do almost any job , so you won't have too many problems getting some type of work .

Min Wage .... Expect $15-$15 / Hr as a minimum wage

Rent .... All depends where you live . In the Outer Suburbs of Sydney you will pay about $200/ Wk at the minimum for a 1BD flat , but be aware that rents are rising all the time . Nearer the city expect to pay lots more .

Transport ... There are good train links to the Western , Southern and South West Suburbs . There are no trains to the Northern Beaches area . Buses tend to be privately operated in the suburbs . Generally transport costs are cheap , but not very reliable and sometimes depending on your location not very frequent also .

Overall Monthly expenses .... These will vary greatly depending where you live , however , I think a minimum Monthly outlay of $2500 would seem realistic .

Best of luck

Dave C

Wow a few questions to ponder here ... I'll try and answer as truthfully as I can .

Job prospects ... You seem to be prepared to do almost any job , so you won't have too many problems getting some type of work .

Min Wage .... Expect $15-$15 / Hr as a minimum wage

Rent .... All depends where you live . In the Outer Suburbs of Sydney you will pay about $200/ Wk at the minimum for a 1BD flat , but be aware that rents are rising all the time . Nearer the city expect to pay lots more .

Transport ... There are good train links to the Western , Southern and South West Suburbs . There are no trains to the Northern Beaches area . Buses tend to be privately operated in the suburbs . Generally transport costs are cheap , but not very reliable and sometimes depending on your location not very frequent also .

Overall Monthly expenses .... These will vary greatly depending where you live , however , I think a minimum Monthly outlay of $2500 would seem realistic .

Best of luck

Dave C

See that is loads more than here the national minimum wage here is £5.52 not even that if you are training!

Guest Dave53

I have found the official minimum wage award ... It appears I was being a little over optimistic !!

The Australian Fair Pay Commission has increased the standard Federal Minimum Wage (FMW) and all Australian Pay and Classification Scales (Pay Scales) by $21.66 per week. The standard FMW has increased from $13.74 to $14.31 per hour. The decision takes effect from the first pay period on or after

1 October 2008.

Dave C

Guest kkris.san

hey dave

thx a lot for ur research! it does update our knowledge:)

well is it true if one works on sat n sundays..the pay is double? i heard this through a relative

krish n san

Guest Dave53

It all depends who you work for , there are penalty rates for weekend work , it varies from employer to employer but is not a rigid rule or award condition that applies to everyone . In the retail field for example , some employers pay NO increase in pay , and some pay a small increase , nothing like double though !! .. I know no one who earns double the pay rate for Sat or Sun work , and I know a LOT of people . In todays work place , it would be a very rare and lucky person who earned 2X pay for weekends ..

Hope this helps

Dave C

Archived