Re: Oz tax

onecrankypom

You only need to do a return ,if youve earnt over $5000 in the tax year. You shouldnt have to dclare any money brought over unless its over $5000 ,if its your first year im pretty sure anything you bring over from Uk is not counted anyway.

Cal x

Have to say I love this time of year...been here 2 years and had over $4k back. Then Centre link pay money into your account for nothing ..we underestimated our income by $12k and they still gave us $900 ...cant complain about that :wacko:

Guest Pinhead

To be deemed a taxable resident you usually have to be ( a permanent) resident for 6 months in any one tax year for your worldwide income to be assessable. So no you don't need to put your UK income on a tax return if you've only lived in oz for a month.

You don't pay tax on any cash you brought to oz when you moved.

Does that inculded the money i earnt in the UK as welll? as that was taxed by the uk goverment

Did you submit a form to claim tax from the UK? If you didnt work the full tax year you should be able to claim some money back...form to complete is P85.

Did you submit a form to claim tax from the UK? If you didnt work the full tax year you should be able to claim some money back...form to complete is P85.

I did thanks and got 905pound back woohooo saved me as well lol Hoping to treat the missess to a meal and the son to a new Game as they had to put up with the cranky pom lol

Archived