Partner Refusal to Grant question

JBoy90069

Hi everyone,

I have a question and curious if anyone has had the same experience.

I applied for the 820/801 partner visa back in 2015, and got my refusal in 2018 due to failing the Health requirement. I then applied for the AAT appeal, which I won last month and my case was back immigration. Today, I received an email from the Processing office to supply an updated AFP check, as my other one is expired and is needed for them to finalise. 

So my question is that since my case is finalised in Immi, and I can’t add anything more to it and it’s been almost 7 years since my application was lodged, would I be eligible for a double grant of the 820/801?

Also to add my police checks from my home country and medical are also expired but I was not asked to redo these.

Thank you 😊

10 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Yes you can.

If by double grant you mean the permanent visa without waiting 2 years. Yes,  if and only if, you qualified AT THE TIME  OF APPLICATION: 3 years relationship or 2 years with a child of the relationship.

In its current finalised state, I’m unable to add more documents. 

On 06/12/2021 at 07:30, wrussell said:

I have had several DIY clients who put themselves in, from what has been posted, was more likely than not a similar position.

Update my 801 was granted. While we weren’t defacto 3 years prior to lodgement I think due to the length of time I received a double grant.