870 visa at last some great news

Scotjules

So today we have just received E mail to pay for 2nd VAC for our 870 visas . At last can feel we are finally going to get to see our daughter and grandchildren ( youngest is 5 months old) . We are going on the 5 year option and if 143 not granted by then we have option of another 5 year 870 We applied for 143 in May 2017 .

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

Hi Scotjules

Sounds like you've applied for 870 while you are in the queue for 143. 

My parents applied for 173 back in 2017 as well and I have been thinking of applying 870 for them but have read that applicants "must not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying 143/173" -  just wondering does this not apply if they are already in the queue ?

Thanks in advance,

J

2 minutes ago, JessL said:

Hi Scotjules

Sounds like you've applied for 870 while you are in the queue for 143. 

My parents applied for 173 back in 2017 as well and I have been thinking of applying 870 for them but have read that applicants "must not have already applied for or hold a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying 143/173" -  just wondering does this not apply if they are already in the queue ?

Thanks in advance,

J

I think the "must not have already applied for ..." comment is incorrect.

Agreed that you can't hold an 870 visa when applying for a visa under subclass 143/173/864/884/804/103 - that's clearly in the Migration Regulations.

Best regards.

Hi Scotjules,

We have recently been asked to re-submit some of the docs and re-do the medical test as our initial submission for 870 parent visa  was made in Feb 2020. May we ask if you could help us understand how long it has taken after your application was picked  up  recently , for the 2nd VAC/payment and was your visa granted immediately after. For us time is critical, but we are not able to get an understanding on what to expect after all docs been submitted.

Hi Joseph , we applied for 870 in Jan 2021 we had our medicals at beginning of June 2021 . We were unsure whether to get them due to borders been closed but went ahead anyway . Received email for final payment end Nov 2021 which we paid and got our 870 granted on 1st Dec .  Not sure why you need to resubmit docs maybe medical only valid for set length of time . Hopefully you get good news soon 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

Edit: I'm going to correct the above post by saying that I agree, you can't apply for a visa under 143/173/etc if you have applied for a subclass 870 visa.

You can apply for an 870 if you have applied for a 143/etc - but you need to get the applications the right way round.

Best regards.

Before we applied for 870 visa I think I must have read the conditions for applying hundreds of time and checked and double checked just to be 100% correct .

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 16:09, Scotjules said:

Hi Joseph , we applied for 870 in Jan 2021 we had our medicals at beginning of June 2021 . We were unsure whether to get them due to borders been closed but went ahead anyway . Received email for final payment end Nov 2021 which we paid and got our 870 granted on 1st Dec .  Not sure why you need to resubmit docs maybe medical only valid for set length of time . Hopefully you get good news soon 

Hi Scotjules

Thank you so much for your response. This is really helpful.

Our situation is where we need to travel immediately and the only thing we are awaiting is the processing of the 870 visa. Fingers crossed they complete the processing soon.