Do you need to do anything if you are no longer using an Immi agent?

Questionsearch

I was granted my 820 visa with the assistance of an immigration agent but due to a number of reasons we decided to no longer work with them for the 801, would I need to do anything related to "no longer having an agent" when I apply for the 801?

Mainly because from my understanding 820-801 are linked so would I need to submit some form saying I no longer receive assistance from an immigration agent? (Since based on document checklist if you receive assistance you need to submit a form which i assume they have for 820)

And a secondary question, is the homeaffairs's step by step document guide extensive? As in all the requirements and documents are there so if i follow it carefully there shouldnt be any missing document? (I understand evidence of relationship is a different subject since it can be many different things, my question is more about general forms they might require, they link 888 forms and the statdec partner sponsor for example, I assume there arent any forms that they might require yet not in the step by step list)

Hey @Questionsearch
So I had the same experience as you - applied for the 309 (820) visa via an agent, but just recently (July of this year) submitted the 100 (801) application by myself. I will start this by saying I'm not a migration agent, and my visa has not been approved, so take this with a grain of salt!

The application process was simple - you just needed your reference number for the previous visa grant, and that linked your new application to the previous one; no need to submit a specific document to change the communication, it happens automatically as this is treated as a separate application, and if you were going to use an agent, they would need to sign another form that they were your representation.

For the secondary, I just followed their guidelines, and added as much documentation as I could - it's really to prove that the relationship is genuine and continuing. We found it hard to get any social photographs with all the lockdowns etc, but have plenty of other evidence. One tip for me, as you get to the stage of uploading the documentation, the only category I could upload to right away was 'Other.' If you refresh the page, or wait until the next day, all of the categories that you can upload to appear (I uploaded them all under other....then the categories appeared and I panic uploaded them all again...hope my officer doesn't hate me too much for it!!)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...