NEW PROCESSING TIMES FOR DIMIA

Guest gypsygirl

Guest gypsygirl

Can anyone else confirm that the new processing times for the DIMIA is now 6 months? :?:

We have been told by our migration agent that the new processing time will take at least 6 months and that they received this new information this week! IS THIS TRUE, if you know please relpy. :oops:

Hi gypsygirl

The processing time will depend on what type of visa you are applying for. For example, skilled migration can take up to a year, but a defacto spouse visa only takes 3 to 6 months.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mark&Justine

gypsy girl

Hi, our agent is in the process of putting our application to the DIMIA, we have just received our TRA and have been successful, we have been told 6 - 9 months for an answer on DIMIA.

DO YOU KNOW, CAN THEY REFUSE YOU ON YOUR DIMIA, :?: (if you have been successful on TRA)? I HOPE NOT, :shock: At the moment we seem to paying out for fees etc.!!

I will be so happy when this application is all over! All I want to do is move!!! :lol:

Justine

Guest DebsDave+4kids

Hi gypsy girl

We lodged our application with DIMIA through our agent back in August and we were told we should have our meds next month (November) and get our visas in February (HOPEFULLY).

We are Adelaide bound. Where are you going? Keep us informed of how its going

debsdave+4kids

Hi Guys

I'm with Mark and Justine just want to go not liking this limbo!! I have a positive Skills Assessment but have just been told I need to wait a year before submitted my Visa app. as I now work part time!! :shock: A positive skills assessment does not necessarily mean DIMIA will pass your visa app. Another year waiting working more hours!

Hope all goes well for you all

Sharon

Guest gypsygirl

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies! :D

Its true a successful TRA assessment will not guarantee a successful DIMIA application :( .

I have passed the TRA and the Queensland Government sponsorship application and I finally had my application to the DIMIA sent to Adelaide on the 1st of October, we have received the list of medical examiners but have been told to hold on booking any DR's appointments until further notice, I will use this time to ring around and check prices and waiting list for med appoints.

We are heading for march at the latest to finally leave for Mackay.

The waiting is hard and we are a year and 4 months on since starting the whole process, but hopefully with christmas and new year to occupy us and a short trip to Italy for a city break this will ease the anticipation.

My advice is do the same and keep busy!!!! :wink:

Guest BrerRabbit

:? Hi gypsygirl, depends what visa you've applied for but perhaps March is a little optimistic? Check out austimeline.com for other people's progress - seems like 3.5 minimum to 6 months for skilled independent 136 visas.

Good luck with your application and I agree, the city breaks are a great idea - we're planning ours now!

Zoe 8)

Guest gypsygirl

cheers for the advice zoe,

but we are estimating 6 months for SIR visa and have been advised as such- hence march which is 5 months and we dont intend to hang around if the visa is granted because the house has been sold already and the money is just waiting in the bank.

We know nothing is set in stone but you have to have an estimated time to tell the many who constantly ask!

What are your plans and how far have you come? it nice to read other peoples progress.

good luck :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: 8)

M

cheers for the advice zoe,

but we are estimating 6 months for SIR visa and have been advised as such- hence march which is 5 months and we dont intend to hang around if the visa is granted because the house has been sold already and the money is just waiting in the bank.

We know nothing is set in stone but you have to have an estimated time to tell the many who constantly ask!

What are your plans and how far have you come? it nice to read other peoples progress.

good luck :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: :wink: :lol: 8)

M

Apologies for going off at a tangent and tell me to get lost if this is too personal - but did the government nick a chuck of cash from the sale of your house as capital gains tax? I'm just about to sell up and I'm hoping Mr Brown isn't going to leg it with my equity ;-)

Choobs

Guest BrerRabbit

Hi gypsygirl and choobs - our skills assessment was done earlier this year and our visa application was lodged 12 August so just over the two month mark now, and counting! Hoping to be granted by the endof November having frontloaded our application with meds and PCC's. Got confirmation from Sydney last week that our meds have been processed so hopefully we're nearly there. Planning on heading down under by end of jan - I've got 3 months notice to work once I hand my notice in unless my wonderful employers will release me early...... :wink:

CGT will only be payable on the property sale proceeds if it's a second home rather than your own home - your own residence is exempt from CGT if you live there. :D

Guest potatoes3

Hi Choobs

In response to your question about CGT on the proceeds from selling your house - your main home is exempt from the CGT rules so no tax is due. If your have sold a second/holiday home then you will be liable.

Hope this helps

Lizzie

Guest gypsygirl

Hi BrerRABBIT,

I just wanted to say good luck for a speedy conclusion to your visa application and let us know when you receive THE news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

M 8)

Guest Mark&Justine

Hi Gypsygirl

Your message was interesting, We have been successful in our TRA App, and once our sponsor has completed paper work, our agent will process the DIMIA, but what happens if the DIMIA come back and say NO THANK YOU :cry: our agent has just asked for the final payment!!!! before the reply back from DIMIA, should I be concerned??

I honestly thought when the TRA came back, we was IN, not the case.

How hard is this process :?

Good Luck to everyone.

Justine

Guest gypsygirl

Hi Mark & Justine,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but like me and many others, nothing is guaranteed and the DIMIA can say no or ask for additional info which can delay things :lol: .

Your agent should have made you aware that even after paying all the fees and passing the TRA and Government sponsorship its still no guarantee to a successful visa application :( .

We have invested a lot of time and money on this dream ourselves and have had confirmation that the DIMIA is dealing with our case but we are still in limbo and expect to be for the next few months, AS THEY SAY UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!!!!!!!! :o .

Hi Choobs

In response to your question about CGT on the proceeds from selling your house - your main home is exempt from the CGT rules so no tax is due. If your have sold a second/holiday home then you will be liable.

Hope this helps

Lizzie

Thank god for that! :) I had visions of the taxman legging it with my Australia fund ;-)

Cheers

Choobs

Guest Mark&Justine

Hi GypsyGirl

Thanks for message, I suppose we will just have to wait and pray!

How devastating if you do not get through! ALL THAT PAPER WORK!

Surely they will not refuse! what us POMMS.

Keep us posted with your application

Good Luck

I think I need some!

Justine & Mark

Hi All

My wife is nurse , we have heard that they are fast tracking visa applications for nurses , anyone else in a similar situation?

Hi All

My wife is a nurse , we have heard that they are fast tracking visa applications from nurses , anyone heard similar ?

Hi Jonjoe

Current times for nurses is estimated at 4 months. Just make sure she's working 20 hours a week or more.

Hope it all goes well for you.

SCoop

Archived